BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2013 6:39 am  #1

Endeavour

I've read so many enthusiastic things about this show. I haven't watched "Morse" although it's been on German TV. Could anyone tell me about this prequel? I mean, it has Roger Allam which alone might be a reason to buy the DVD. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2013 2:23 pm  #2

Re: Endeavour

I am going to try and catch up with this series as it has had such positive reviews. Further good news is that it WILL be returning for a second series!   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 5, 2013 2:42 pm  #3

I got myself the DVD but haven't managed to watch it yet. I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing) Roger Allam. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 15, 2013 4:18 pm  #4

Oh my!  I just watched the Morse episode that was on PBS Masterpiece last night.  Let me tell you - if I can't have 'Sherlock' right now, I'll take 'Morse'.  It was bloody brilliant!  Moody, beautiful, loner genius hero.  I'm going looking for more.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 15, 2013 4:22 pm  #5

Nice review with some good Sherlock references.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/morse_code_JEdZWvYgGaRYoQanXXEYlJ

July 21, 2013 1:25 pm  #6

Here's a lovely scene from last week's Endeavour episode called "Fugue".  I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode. Brilliant show.

Board footera