BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2013 7:02 pm  #1

Looking for beta readers (21 chapter Johnlock AU)

Hello!
It’s me again, and this time I’m looking for beta readers for a really long project.
I’ve just (almost) finished an AU story with 21 chapters. The setting is the alternate reality of “Baker Town” where Sherlock works as a biology professor.
It’s a crime story combined with a love story (or rather, the complications of relationships). Sometimes funny, sometimes sad, and always slightly evil .
The chapters usually have 3,000-4,000 words, so it would be best to send them via email. One chapter at a time in the course of publishing. Any kind of help and constructive criticism will be appreciated.

Description of the story in detail:

Title: A Study in Scarlet Glow

Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Jim Moriarty, Sebastian Moran, Mary, Harry Watson (as a man), Molly Hooper, Greg Lestrade, Anderson, Sally Donovan, Irene Adler, Kitty Riley, Angelo, Jeanette, Mrs Hudson, original characters

Pairings: M/M (Sherlock/John), M/F (John/Mary)

Tags and warnings: Drug abuse (past/implied), alcoholism (mentioned), voyeurism , AU, casefic , angst, fluff, science

Rating: It will have to get an M rating for, to quote the guidelines, “non-explicit suggestive adult themes, references to some violence, or coarse language.“

Summary:
Professor Sherlock Holmes, a botanist and mycologist, is a world-renowned expert on algae and mould – and a stubborn loner.
When consulted by the police to solve a murder case, he meets John Watson, a doctor from a local clinic, and falls in love with him. But to John it’s just friendship.
Entangled in the web of a perfidious spider, Sherlock’s unwelcome emotions develop a life of their own.

I would be really happy if someone could help me with this! Thank you very much in advance!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 4, 2013 9:02 pm  #2

Re: Looking for beta readers (21 chapter Johnlock AU)

This sounds really good and I'd love to do this but I simply don't have the time at the moment. I do hope you'll find someone soon and I'll be looking forward to reading it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 4, 2013 9:08 pm  #3

No problem, Susi!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 4, 2013 9:16 pm  #4

As you are in no rush, I'm still in, QE, as agreed 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 4, 2013 9:22 pm  #5

Me, too. I'll PM you my mail adress. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Schmiezi (May 4, 2013 9:23 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 4, 2013 9:33 pm  #6

Thank you so much, Harriet and Schmiezi!

Board footera