BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2013 3:02 pm  #101

Re: The post count thread (Anything for a one up)

The Rover's Return is the pub in Coronation Street (very long-running TV soap).
The Queen Vic is the pub in EastEnders. Another not quite so long running but still been going for years soap.
Morse is a famous detective in novels written by Colin Dexter and also on the TV. The TV series starred John Thaw and Kevin Whatley. They would often have a chat over a pint (bitter in the case of Morse).
Arthur Dent is the lead character in A Hitchhikers Guid to the Galaxy, book, TV series and film. Written by Douglas Adams. Film had Martin Freeman in it. The Vogons were space invaders.

Does that help? A bit...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 10, 2013 3:41 pm  #102

Yes; I think I started going all bleary-eyed at the "Vogons".

Thanks for clearing the waters...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 10, 2013 4:31 pm  #103

You should check out their poetry Tantalus, mind blowing stuff!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 10, 2013 5:22 pm  #104

And.....  by "mind-blowing", you mean.....

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 10, 2013 5:27 pm  #105

Russell wrote:

And..... by "mind-blowing", you mean.....

I shouldn't laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 10, 2013 5:41 pm  #106

Mary Me wrote:

Russell wrote:

I shouldn't laugh.

After much thought (by which I mean about 5 seconds).... hmm....  I think m0r meant that quite 'literally'...  don't you?
*tries to keep a thoughtfully straight face from a grin*
Hmm....  hmm.. yes...  but no, no you shouldn't laugh.  If you laugh, they might think you like it and recite more.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

May 10, 2013 6:06 pm  #107

It is, in fact, the third worst poetry in the Universe. The second worst being that of The Azgoths of Kria. The absolute worst poetry was that of Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England. Which was lost (thank goodness) along with its creator when the Earth was destroyed.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 10, 2013 6:11 pm  #108

Russell wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Russell wrote:

I shouldn't laugh.

After much thought (by which I mean about 5 seconds).... hmm.... I think m0r meant that quite 'literally'... don't you?
Hmm.... hmm.. yes... but no, no you shouldn't laugh. If you laugh, they might think you like it and recite more.

Stop it!  I have nooo idea why I do find this hilarious but indeed I do. Now I can never look at that term again in a neutral sense. Bless you!  

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 10, 2013 6:27 pm  #109

I thnk someone's been on the  Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters today.

My go to place when I feel I'm in over my head generally tends to be an innuendo driven Viz readers library. I hope I'm wrong here 

-m0r

May 10, 2013 7:10 pm  #110

Mary Me wrote:

Russell wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I shouldn't laugh.

After much thought (by which I mean about 5 seconds).... hmm.... I think m0r meant that quite 'literally'... don't you?
Hmm.... hmm.. yes... but no, no you shouldn't laugh. If you laugh, they might think you like it and recite more.

Stop it!  I have nooo idea why I do find this hilarious but indeed I do. Now I can never look at that term again in a neutral sense. Bless you!  

*makes a gesture with hands on either side of her head, fingers all touching, then quickly opening/'sparking' outwards with a 'phhooomppf' noise*  ^_^

May 11, 2013 6:50 am  #111

Ah Viz. High literature then...

I had too many gargleblasters last night and am feeling a might fragile this morning.

May 11, 2013 8:33 am  #112

Hello again. +1

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 11, 2013 1:15 pm  #113

+1 Saturday!

-m0r

May 11, 2013 1:25 pm  #114

+1 Watching Star Trek today!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 15, 2013 2:54 pm  #115

Howdy Wednesday!

-m0r

May 15, 2013 3:37 pm  #116

I think it would be hilarious (in a nice, friendly-sort-of way, of course) if your post count got to 799, and just stuck there...

You know, they never let you out once you've been in...government secrets and all that.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 15, 2013 5:59 pm  #117

Hmmm! Is this even possible Boss? Mwahahah! 

May 15, 2013 6:06 pm  #118

I'm fairly certain you could delete some of my posts Davina and do it manually.

Or you could just give me a custom title which is independant of the boards score.

-m0r

May 15, 2013 6:08 pm  #119

Why don't you appeal to The Boss's better nature? She has got one you know. She keeps it in a cupboard under the stairs.   

May 15, 2013 6:51 pm  #120

Tantalus wrote:

I think it would be hilarious (in a nice, friendly-sort-of way, of course) if your post count got to 799, and just stuck there...

You know, they never let you out once you've been in...government secrets and all that.

Hahahaha 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera