BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2013 10:38 am  #81

Re: The post count thread (Anything for a one up)

Can I help you, Mary?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 9, 2013 10:46 am  #82

Mattlocked wrote:

Can I help you, Mary?

If you come up with something interesting 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 9, 2013 1:59 pm  #83

The fact that m0r thinks cupcake is fitting seems of more than passing interest to me. Must say it didn't immediately leap to mind!   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 9, 2013 2:06 pm  #84

There's actually a 'Bored!' thread I made too, with roughly the same purpose as this one.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 9, 2013 2:17 pm  #85

I noticed! As I said, shameless!  Oh Tantalus! You know giving him another tag won't stop the insanity!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 9, 2013 2:21 pm  #86

Davina wrote:

The fact that m0r thinks cupcake is fitting seems of more than passing interest to me. Must say it didn't immediately leap to mind!

What's up with cupcake? I think cupcake is a perfect way of being sinister and innocently appealing at the same time. If one is to be scary one has to make it universal.

-m0r

May 9, 2013 2:23 pm  #87

I shall never view cupcakes in the same way again! I am scarred for life! 

May 9, 2013 2:35 pm  #88

Davina wrote:

I shall never view cupcakes in the same way again! I am scarred for life!

Job done!

Next time you are at a Sunday bake-for-charity affair take a peek at the cupcakes, that'd be my means of poisoning.

MUHAHAHA*

-m0r

*Poisoning is bad and should only be used as a fictional means of being scary. Terms and conditions apply. May contain nuts.

May 9, 2013 2:40 pm  #89

Like the signs in Nandos...nuts may contain nuts! 

May 9, 2013 2:48 pm  #90

I had to Google Nandos, seems like a thing which must have sprung up over the last 5 years (In Glasgow at least). I might pop into one next time I'm back, don't get much spicy food here in Argy (Which I'm shocked at, the next door neighbour is called Chile for goodness sake!)

-m0r

May 9, 2013 3:00 pm  #91

Pretty much the same time scale here. Very  popular with 'the kids', Portuguese/African type food. 

May 9, 2013 3:04 pm  #92

If by 'Kids' you mean it's a child friendly place then I'll pass. I went to a TGI's once and it was colourful with juggling waiters and cocktail shakers being thrown about but having children, babies even, be around whilst eating just isn't right.

I've nowt against kids, but plenty against their parents bringing them into a place where I'm sitting 

-m0r

First time I've used that smiley, it seems popular here, have I done it correctly?

May 9, 2013 3:09 pm  #93

No not those sort of kids, although not too fiercely against the little screamy people, but more the youngsters. That said I quite like it in there (no Spring Chicken!) Been to a TGIs once...agree...we were with family with a small kiddie and it was frankly frightful! Child-friendly seemed to equate to everything else being poor i.e. service and food!

May 9, 2013 3:34 pm  #94

Shouldn't the slightly older kids be drinking cheap cider and hanging around in parks exploring their newly found lusts?

This will sound old, and certainly a reflection of my character, but pubs aren't what they used to be. Even before the smoking ban fewer and fewer 'young' people were going to them. Now they've been reinvented as Wetherspoon's type places where you see the 'old guy' mob at the bar and the families at the tables.

As a Brit I find this shift in our culture to be worrisome.

-m0r

May 9, 2013 6:52 pm  #95

Yep. Generally the youngsters of 'clubbing' age Pre-drink at home before going out to a club or possibly in a pub (if it is not too expensive). It seems to be true that they don't seem to frequent pubs, often with parents, like we used to. Many pubs have certainly become 'family friendly' in the UK. Yes, even before the smoking ban. Some pubs are run as 'vanity bars' which tend to have a dance floor and are more like clubs than bars. It is a shame that many pubs have been bought up by the big chains and have become carveries or are just homogenised. Certainly the  Weatherspoons I have been in are geared up towards food, being child friendly, although my daughter and her friends seemed to frequent the one in Rochester quite a lot.

May 9, 2013 7:23 pm  #96

What's next? Is the Rovers Return or the Queen Vic going to get bought over?

Where would Morse go in-between cases?

How will Arthur Dent get his 5 pints and peanuts when the Vogons come or how will Delboy shift some swag?

Last time I checked in on Blighty I was shocked with how our pub culture had dissipated. Hey, i reckon I can turn 'World's End' into a reflection upon modern Britain with this idea...

-m0r

May 9, 2013 9:01 pm  #97

They'll probably be revamped as Ye Olde Worlde Beefeater pub or similar. Maybe real country pubs are better. Mind you, at the rate that farmers are committing suicide they may soon run out of clientele.

May 10, 2013 7:45 am  #98

Time  to visit this thread... +1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 10, 2013 8:53 am  #99

You lot are shameless!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 10, 2013 2:37 pm  #100

m0r1arty wrote:

What's next? Is the Rovers Return or the Queen Vic going to get bought over?

Where would Morse go in-between cases?

How will Arthur Dent get his 5 pints and peanuts when the Vogons come or how will Delboy shift some swag?

Last time I checked in on Blighty I was shocked with how our pub culture had dissipated. Hey, i reckon I can turn 'World's End' into a reflection upon modern Britain with this idea...

-m0r

Wow.

English translation, please.

Anyone?

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

Board footera