BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2013 7:23 pm  #1

Has anyone else been hooked by Defiance?

Defiance premiered this week. I thought I'd just take a peek and was hooked within minutes. Something to fill the time while waiting for Season 3.

April 17, 2013 7:47 pm  #2

Re: Has anyone else been hooked by Defiance?

Is it good? We recorded it but haven't had the time to watch it yet, no spoilers please :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 17, 2013 9:04 pm  #3

No spoiling. Promise. It is excellent, IMHO. Just science fiction, no fantasy (not that there's anything wrong with that), characters to care about with interesting relations, action (but not overdone violence), mixtures of earth and alien cultures, different languages, imaginative sets, costumes, etc.

And an -- um -- attractive leading man.

April 17, 2013 11:44 pm  #4

O boy. I can't wait on the little one to go to bed tonight :D

*******************************************************************************************************************

April 19, 2013 9:12 pm  #5

What did you think, crazybbca?

April 20, 2013 11:57 am  #6

Well, I must say its really different. I like the idea of many races of aliens, gives a serious Roddenbury -ish feel. I like the leading man being of the Indiana Jones, type, too. I think its got some potential and I hope the writers keep going the way they are and don't opt-out for the cliches and it will be a really cool show :D

April 20, 2013 5:05 pm  #7

I totally agree with you about the cliches.

Board footera