BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2012 12:38 pm  #1

Any Holmes stories you'd like to see them tackle?

Which original Sherlock Holmes stories would you like to see Mofftiss try out in Series 3?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 21, 2012 2:37 pm  #2

Re: Any Holmes stories you'd like to see them tackle?

The Adventure of the Three Garridebs, The Adventure of the Devil's Foot, & The Adventure of the Dying Detective XDD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 21, 2012 4:37 pm  #3

The Red-headed League. For no other reason than Ben and Mark really being red-heads, that and being surrounded by them at home.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 17, 2012 1:47 pm  #4

I'd really like to see them do the Red Headed League too, or at least some aspects of it - just the idea of someone tunneling under the road to rob a bank is a pretty cool idea, and not too far fetched either, quite a few thieves have done it in real life.

I like Silver Blaze too...that would make quite a good "side story" to another main story.

And Charles Augustus Milverton. Read that story for the first time the other day and damn, it really is a good one. Plus, there's lots of holding hands, the fandom will love it. Also, I could easily see them making Milverton a "running theme" kind of villain who they don't actually manage to catch up with right away until the end of the series. And his actions of blackmailing people could be working in the background and be actually causing other people to commit crimes and so on. In fact, you could tie in the Silver Blaze story that John Straker was going to maim the horse & bet against it because he was being blackmailed. I think he's still different enough from Irene Adler style of villain because he's doing it for money and not just for the game.

April 17, 2012 4:57 pm  #5

I think the Dancing Men story would be good as it has such a great opportunity for ciphers.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 17, 2012 6:35 pm  #6

They did as much of that story as I think they're likely to in The Blind Banker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 13, 2012 7:06 am  #7

I agree with wholocked!!   I'd like them to combine some of the stories which Jeremy Brett never got a chance to do.   the case of the engineer's thumb, adventure of black peter, The Yellow Face,   oh,  the Valley Of Fear,   the crooked man,  are just a few of the titles I'd like to see.   Yes,  and I'd LOVE  to see both of them  in a horse story.   I  LOVE horses,  and I loved Silver Blaze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 13, 2012 8:16 am  #8

Yes, the Silver Blaze story is good!!

May 13, 2012 8:42 am  #9

I think they'd leave any reference to The Yellow Face at being simply the face he paints on the wall. I'm not sure they an make a modern adaptation that wouldn't upset the race-sensitive viewers.

In fact I think the whole premise of that story has aged to a point where people wouldn't understand it in a modern adaptation.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 13, 2012 10:41 am  #10

Yes Silver Blaze would be good!

May 24, 2012 5:27 am  #11

I want a horsie story where Watson has to dress up  in  coat tails!!  (Sherlock can lend him one of his suits)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 25, 2012 4:01 pm  #12

One story they can't do (again along the lines of it having aged too much) is The Five Orange Pips unless they replaced the KKK with some other secret organization. Watson would have to be pretty ignorant not to know who they are.

That said, I really hope that they do Silver Blaze and Charles Augustus at some point! Horses, Sherlock committing felonies, blackmailers. I think those would do really well.

I wish they would do Dancing Men properly but The Blind Banker is probably just too close.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 25, 2012 5:16 pm  #13

I guess the KKK might have been nodded to with the Tong in The Blind Banker. Is this a possibility?

May 25, 2012 6:43 pm  #14

Yeah, I always viewed the Blind Banker to be a mixture of Five Orange Pips and Dancing Men, although I know they did the nod to the pips in Great Game.

May 26, 2012 5:30 am  #15

Davina wrote:

I guess the KKK might have been nodded to with the Tong in The Blind Banker. Is this a possibility?

Is is true how the message is what freaked out the victims, who died shortly afterward. That does seem to be a Five Orange Pips nod. I think they realized it wouldn't work to really base anything big off of Pips. Ditto for Yellow Face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 26, 2012 7:02 am  #16

I really do want to see Charles Augustus Milverton.
I'm thinking Sherlock will do a few things at the start of series 3 that will make him seem cold etc again to the viewers.
Add to that an element of this story, where he becomes engaged to a housemaid just to help solve a mystery, with not thoughts of love or feelings and it'll be interesting to say the least!
Not to mention comical to see how ANY man would woo a female in this day & age so easily into becoming engaged.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 26, 2012 7:14 am  #17

Oh I don't know, not engaged maybe, but many lads seem to have no difficulty whatsoever in 'wooing' maidens into the sack- here at least.

May 26, 2012 7:17 am  #18

I can't see Sherlock going THAT far!
(yes use of exclamation mark is warranted)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 26, 2012 10:22 am  #19

Yeah he would have to woo her without any actual physical contact, purely based on words and his high intellect. They do say brainy is the new sexy so maybe she'll feel the same way. He's obviously not going to start kissing or trying to get her into bed lol!

May 26, 2012 10:38 am  #20

No, I didn't mean hewould, just a reference to the 'this-day-and-age' females not easily wooed into getting engaged. Some will you know.

Board footera