BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2013 6:27 pm  #1

The World's End + Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy

The blood and ice cream triology is a triology by the british director Edgar Wright. The first two movies "Shaun of the dead" and "Hot Fuzz" came out 2004 and 2007. The story isn't liked but they both have Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as the main characters and actors in secondary rolls reappear. Apart form the actors they have in common that there is a lot of blood and cornetto ice cream is being eaten.

The third part, "The World's End"  will come out this year. Martin Freeman had played small roles in the first two movies and will also appear in the third movie. I guess that me might have a bigger role this time. What makes me think this is the description of the movie on imdb (which sais it's going to be about 5 friends: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213663/ in combination with this picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/734430_466047506792980_365740644_n.jpg

Did you watch the movies? I really enjoyed them and can recommend them very, very much (even though Martin only had small parts). Especially Hot Fuzz is really great and fantastic.
I'm looking forward to the last part very much and I really recommend all of them (Sorry for repeating myself).

Last edited by Myraya (April 9, 2013 6:31 pm)

April 23, 2013 1:50 pm  #2

Re: The World's End + Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy

Saun of the Dead is a classic.  It helped me discover my own sick twisted sense of humor and love of horror comedies.  Haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet, just the hilarious Martin clip on youtube.  Looking forward to World's end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

April 23, 2013 10:55 pm  #3

I love those movies. Paul is also hilarious. Not sure who directed it but Simon Pegg & Nick Frost are the main characters so I guess it sort of fits in.
Seriously brilliant, funny films!

================================================================

May 3, 2013 7:55 pm  #4

Personally I like Hot Fuzz even more than Shaun of the Dead. It's just great how everybody goes crazy in the end and Simon on the horse with all those guns! One of my favorite movie moments!

Michele wrote:

I love those movies. Paul is also hilarious. Not sure who directed it but Simon Pegg & Nick Frost are the main characters so I guess it sort of fits in.
Seriously brilliant, funny films!

Paul was not by Edgar Wright, but very nice, too. And Scott Pilgrim vs the world is another incredibly funny, imaginative movie by Edgar but without Simon and Nick (And Martin). Just a small remark.

May 8, 2013 11:16 am  #5

May 8, 2013 12:32 pm  #6

Looks good!

I didn't know Martin Freeman was in it, that means he's been in all three of the trilogy!!

Reece Shearsmith has just missed out on one of them, poor guy.

Thanks for the link Whistling!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 8, 2013 12:40 pm  #7

I just wanted to post that! Oh well, you were quicker than me
It looks absolutly great too my, it'll be soooooo much fun!!!

May 8, 2013 4:53 pm  #8

m0r1arty wrote:

Looks good!

I didn't know Martin Freeman was in it, that means he's been in all three of the trilogy!!

-m0r

Yes he has been, in very small roles though. In the first one he didn't even have text and only appeared in one scene.

May 9, 2013 3:33 am  #9

LOVED THE TRAILER!!! Seriously can't wait for this movie to come out.
Hopefully Australia won't get a really delayed released date.

All the movies have a fence jump too. Based on the trailer anyway!

May 9, 2013 9:20 am  #10

Michele wrote:

LOVED THE TRAILER!!! Seriously can't wait for this movie to come out.
Hopefully Australia won't get a really delayed released date.

All the movies have a fence jump too. Based on the trailer anyway!

IMDb sais that the release date for Australia is the 3rd of Oct., sorry for you. Germany get's it alomost two month dalyed, too. I'll be worth the wait.

The fence jump seems to be a running gag, though so far Simon Pegg always jumped while Nick Frost always crashed. I'm not sure but it looked to my like in the trailer it was Simon crashing this time. We'll see

May 9, 2013 6:48 pm  #11

Myraya wrote:

The fence jump seems to be a running gag, though so far Simon Pegg always jumped while Nick Frost always crashed. I'm not sure but it looked to my like in the trailer it was Simon crashing this time. We'll see

Simon crashed in Shaun of the Dead, Nick crashed in Hot Fuzz.

May 9, 2013 7:15 pm  #12

Hmm! I reckon both this time or neither.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 9, 2013 7:33 pm  #13

In the trailer we see Simon do it so at least him.

+1!

-m0r

May 9, 2013 11:23 pm  #14

He looks like he half makes the jump but the fence fails on him, since the whole thing comes down! But it's definately Simon.

May 10, 2013 4:19 pm  #15

But are you sure it was Simon in Shaun of the dead? I watched it recently and I thought it was Nick.

May 10, 2013 4:28 pm  #16

In SotD Simon jumps the fences but it caves in under his weight.

In HF Simon jumps the fences with relative easy and even finishes off with a double somersault *Well his stunt double does) and nick crashes into the fence.

Each are precursed with "What's the matter...afriad to take a shortcut?"

-m0r

May 11, 2013 5:17 am  #17

May 11, 2013 10:38 am  #18

You guys are so helpful! :D Thanks!

May 16, 2013 1:19 am  #19

I think that's the way people should watch all Martin's movies to be honest.

May 20, 2013 7:19 am  #20

whistling in the dark wrote:

I think that's the way people should watch all Martin's movies to be honest.

Brilliant! If the movie is as good as the trailer and as good as Hot Fuzz, and I'm sure it will be, I don't see why I shouldn't watch is twice... or three times

Board footera