BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2013 8:04 pm  #21

Re: Crimson Peak

I was thinking if he might have a theatre project. Don't know why, just a hunch. ;-)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2013 8:15 pm  #22

My American pal was hoping for Hamlet.
I wondrered if something was happenig with the Epstein biopic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 31, 2013 8:35 pm  #23

I would be happy either way. But if it was Hamlet, I would do everything to grab a ticket and come over. 
The last definite piece of information I could find about the film is this tweet by Paul McGuigan:

Paul McGuigan ‏@paul_mcguigan6 FebFor everyone who has asked, Benedict and I are working together on the film THE MAN WHO which details the life of Brian Epstein.

Last edited by SusiGo (August 31, 2013 8:41 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 25, 2014 4:21 am  #24

So I thought some of you might appreciate this.  Despite the curious nature of Ben's shifting schedule, already discussed, and dropping out of this film in particular, it's been mentioned in an interview that it was amicable, and Ben was quoted as saying it was "Amazing" that he was replaced by his good friend Tom Hiddleston, who had even asked for Ben's blessing with accepting the role.  And a couple pictures have surfaced of him in costume already!

All I can say is….. half my brain is going 'daaang, he looks good!' and half 'daaang, that could have been Ben?'      

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 25, 2014 5:42 am  #25

Yep, Tom looks amazing.
Benedict would have, too.
But I still don't fancy the film, was quite glad when Benedict dropped it.
Ironically, I think he now would have been free to do it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 25, 2014 5:53 am  #26

Russell wrote:

So I thought some of you might appreciate this.  Despite the curious nature of Ben's shifting schedule, already discussed, and dropping out of this film in particular, it's been mentioned in an interview that it was amicable, and Ben was quoted as saying it was "Amazing" that he was replaced by his good friend Tom Hiddleston, who had even asked for Ben's blessing with accepting the role.  And a couple pictures have surfaced of him in costume already!

All I can say is….. half my brain is going 'daaang, he looks good!' and half 'daaang, that could have been Ben?'      

That's absolutely right, Russell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 25, 2014 6:34 am  #27

Yes, Ben would've looked great!
I have to say though, I never did like the sound of this Movie and was surprised that he was going to be in it, so I'm not that sad that he pulled out

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 25, 2014 10:18 am  #28

I wasn't sad either, and the mention of "kinky" made me feel uneasy. But I wish Benedict were doing some interesting film just now!

April 25, 2014 11:30 am  #29

Russell wrote:

So I thought some of you might appreciate this. Despite the curious nature of Ben's shifting schedule, already discussed, and dropping out of this film in particular, it's been mentioned in an interview that it was amicable, and Ben was quoted as saying it was "Amazing" that he was replaced by his good friend Tom Hiddleston, who had even asked for Ben's blessing with accepting the role. And a couple pictures have surfaced of him in costume already!

OK...I would have loved to have seen Ben in this yummy get up...but Tom...OMG!  *Fans self* Too bad it's a horror movie. I'm a big scaredy cat and don't watch scary stuff.  

April 25, 2014 2:54 pm  #30

Russell wrote:

MY REACTION PRECISELY. 

April 25, 2014 3:34 pm  #31

No doubting it's a cool look and maybe it will be a brilliant film...but certianly didn't sound my thing.

April 25, 2014 8:21 pm  #32

Agree to all of the above you guys said.  But still.   
Besley… forgetting at the second what you refer to… 'being free' meaning the other thing he dropped out of when all of you were discussing his mixed upcoming projects, right?  And that some of those won't be for a while, or just voice stuff, and no word of 'The Man Who'….   Ah, well.
*goes back to looking at Tom*     (psst… ladies… for those who want more, some very cheerfully dapper pics from someone near set!:  http://www.popsugar.com/Tom-Hiddleston-Filming-Crimson-Peak-Pictures-34601025#photo-34650024)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 26, 2014 9:50 am  #33

Russell wrote:

Agree to all of the above you guys said. But still.
Besley… forgetting at the second what you refer to… 'being free' meaning the other thing he dropped out of when all of you were discussing his mixed upcoming projects, right? And that some of those won't be for a while, or just voice stuff, and no word of 'The Man Who'…. Ah, well.
*goes back to looking at Tom* (psst… ladies… for those who want more, some very cheerfully dapper pics from someone near set!: http://www.popsugar.com/Tom-Hiddleston-Filming-Crimson-Peak-Pictures-34601025#photo-34650024)

Fab pics!!! Yum!!!
Thanks for sharing!

April 26, 2014 10:57 am  #34

Crimson Peak, from what I can ascertain from Del Toro's interviews, will be very much a take on the classic Gothic novel genre. He gives, as examples, Jane Eyre and The Turn of the Screw. The cast is brilliant, especially Tom (gosh, those photos! That chap can certainly wear a suit!  ) and I have admired Mia's work for some time (she was excellent in Jane Eyre and Stoker). The plot (what little we know of it) sounds intriguing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 26, 2014 11:37 am  #35

Sorry to lower the tone after Davina's erudite post...
But Tom can wear anything or nothing for me!

April 26, 2014 2:38 pm  #36

Me too (did I really just say that aloud?)  Suit or birthday suit, not fussed! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 26, 2014 2:40 pm  #37

Tee Hee.

Board footera