BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 4, 2013 9:44 pm  #1

Crimson Peak

Benedict has reportedly been signed to star in the Guillermo del Toro film Crimson Peak which s due to start filming in early 2014. It is described as 'a haunted house thriller'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 5, 2013 7:06 am  #2

Re: Crimson Peak

Sounds interesting. Some more information here. What's this thing about his characters always being kept secret? 

http://www.vulture.com/2013/04/guillermo-del-toro-benedict-cumberbatch-crimson-peak.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2013 4:16 pm  #3

Just this role at the moment it seems. Star Trek mystery was at least partly a marketing ploy IMO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 5, 2013 11:12 pm  #4

Further update and information about this film gleaned from a variety of sources (including Variety actually):
Jessica Chastain is also definitely on the cards to join the cast to combine with the other named members as possibly the palest cast in cinema history  .
The film is reportedly a throwback to old school gothic horror films. A ghost story/ Gothic romance.
It is set in the early 1900s, half taking place in America and half in a decaying mansion in Cumbria, England.
The screenplay, which is being written at the moment, is being co-written by Del Toro and British playwright Lucinda Clarkson.
It is to be released sometime in 2015.

April 12, 2013 9:27 pm  #5

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 21, 2013 2:20 pm  #6

Going to be filming at Pinewood Toronto Studios, Portlands, Toronto, Canada.
Legendary Pictures is the production company.

June 4, 2013 10:53 am  #7

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 4, 2013 6:45 pm  #8

R rating will certainly give him much greater room to manoeuvre. Interesting to ponder how he might give the genre a new twist.

June 4, 2013 9:31 pm  #9

Looking forward to see him in a new genre.

June 6, 2013 9:39 am  #10

June 6, 2013 7:02 pm  #11

Oh my lord! I am very excited about Mia being in the cast! She was fantastic in Jane Eyre (2011) and also in Stoker which I recently watched.   

June 7, 2013 9:26 pm  #12

I am really not fancying this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 7, 2013 10:25 pm  #13

Del Toro, Gothic Horror, Cumberbatch.

JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 1, 2013 6:13 am  #14

July 1, 2013 7:19 am  #15

Oooo kinky (hears this as Fassbender's Magneto voice in X-Men 1st Class) 

July 1, 2013 8:02 am  #16

The more I hear about this,. the more I dislike the sound of it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 31, 2013 7:03 pm  #17

Benedict has dropped out of this film I gather.

August 31, 2013 7:04 pm  #18

Ooh sorry, had we not discussed this on here?!
I was delighted.
Didn't fancy it one bit.

August 31, 2013 7:47 pm  #19

It was a bit of a strange project for him. I just wonder why he dropped out. They just said it was not due to other projects. And so far he does not seem to have anything on the agenda after The Imitation Game. 

August 31, 2013 7:55 pm  #20

Which is why(despite the official line), I'm hoping there is in fact a secret exciting project on offer. 
Oherwise, indeed, why drop out?!

Last edited by besleybean (August 31, 2013 7:55 pm)

Board footera