BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2013 10:52 am  #1

why did martin leave the recording?

this will reveal how scratched my DVDs are (cough cough) - Martin chose to leave his (one & only) recording of audio commentary (season 1 Ep 3 Sherlock); fair enough, he has a life to get on with (unlike us fan girls who are a little bit obsessed) but being Martin he was quite blunt - "this is not to my liking so i'll just gonna call it a day".

not sure why that made me feel uneasy - he has every right to leave because he's got a busy schedule but if you're booked in for a gig, wouldn't you wanna go through the whole gig? It's like if we all went to a concert and on the third song, one of the band members just went: "ok, I think I'll call it a day (turns to other band members), you guys carry on without me."

Am I reading too much into it? I probably am.

This does't affect me liking & watching his shows/films though. He's still one of the best actors around

Last edited by saturnR (April 1, 2013 10:54 am)

April 1, 2013 12:23 pm  #2

Re: why did martin leave the recording?

He just made a joke. That's his humour. He simply had to be somewhere else. I wouldn't read much into it.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 1, 2013 9:55 pm  #3

I heard he had to catch a plane. And it was sure from the beginning that he had to leave earlier.

April 1, 2013 10:02 pm  #4

His sense of humour is insane. Sometimes even British people can't tell when he's joking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2013 11:20 pm  #5

I love his humour but I can see how it probably very easy to come across rude.

================================================================

Board footera