BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2013 10:32 pm  #21

Re: Amanda Abbington confirmed by BBC

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

tardislass wrote:

That he'd die for Sherlock and they have a strong bond.

Interesting. That to me, is soul mates. I've never really considered it to be a romantic thing. Soulmates can be friends too without any soppiness involved.

Anyway, if we are to have a Mary Morstan, I'd love her to be a little bit bad ass, for Sherlock to like her and get along with her - and going off the few pictures and storyline hints that have been released (official ones), they appear to be working alongside each other in the first episode. I'd like her to be clever and intelligent and not take any shit and for Sherlock to be genuinely happy for John and for John to be totally in love and besotted by her.

I'd like her to be a really likeable character that all of the Sherlock fandom grow to love and respect over the course of Series 3, thereby making it even more heart wrenching when she is killed off during the finale of the third episode. Mwahahahaha. *evil Moffat grin*

I think no matter what kind of love interest is added for John, many fans won't like them simply because they feel the person will come between John and Sherlock.

The more I think about it the less sure I am that she is in fact THE Mary Watson. But I do feel she will be a catalyst in John forgiving Sherlock. However, I do wonder what everyone will feel about Molly since she and Mycroft(but he's tight-lipped anyway) were the only two that knew the truth. I hope that will be dealt with. 

April 1, 2013 11:24 am  #22

Well, everyone likes Molly, but I think John might feel a bit betrayed by her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 4, 2013 8:45 pm  #23

Be wrote:

If she was Harry she would make a female Watson.  Imagine that Sherlock helps himself with another Watson during a period of time when John is sulking because he is mad with Sherlock. Which would make fun of "Elementary". Like "Look, we can do you're own female-Watson on BBC.  And she can stick in the series. No need to kill her off.
How would Sherlock interact with Harry? We know that John and Harry don't get on. Never have. What would Sherlock's approach be towards her alcohol problem? Maybe something Sherlock can help with, too? Press some emotional buttons?
The interaction between Martin and Amanda as a loving couple is not a really challenging one when you look at it from an actor's perspective, isn't it?
I would rather like to see them in a row and coping with their relationship as siblings.

Holy friggin' crap! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love that idea.  I actually would not have minded the female Watson on Elementary if the character had actually been interesting.  I am curious to see Harry Watson.  XXXXXXXXXXXXX.  She could be working with him while John still thinks he's dead.  Maybe she's someone who works with Mycroft trying to make sure John, Mrs. Hudson, and Lestrade are safe before Sherlock reveals he is still alive.  Though I've seen a lot of pics with Benedict in a hat and blazer that could be his disguise where he hides in plain site and in the video he's wearing his signature getup.  Hmmm...

EDIT: Parts of post edited for spoilers. -SH

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (April 5, 2013 1:32 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

April 4, 2013 9:05 pm  #24

Sorry, but there are some spoilers in your post, Josabby. Maybe you could move it to a thread with a spoiler warning. There are members who don't want know about such things. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2013 1:32 pm  #25

Edited for spoilers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 5, 2013 9:23 pm  #26

It says Freeman & wife; er... I thought they were never married; maybe it's just easier to say wife & people won't ask you so many stupid questions.

April 5, 2013 10:46 pm  #27

They aren't married so 'partner' would be more accurate I guess.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera