BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2013 6:24 am  #161

Re: Gif/Picture Conversations

Yeah, I can and I've been waiting here for ages. What up with that?

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 9, 2013 4:29 pm  #162

Sparrow wrote:

Yeah, I can and I've been waiting here for ages. What up with that?

Up?  Where?  I… I'm lost!  Where were we?? I don't know where I am!  Who turned out the lights?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 9, 2013 4:37 pm  #163

I'm beginning to wonder whether or not we speak the same language.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

April 9, 2013 5:04 pm  #164

(resisting urge to use Eleven's gif quote 'I'm making perfect sense…', thinking you'd take the quips and run with it)… 
Sorry....

Had a… er… problematic little side-tour.  Internet and lights are now top hat.  Now to find some lunch and a towel…   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

April 9, 2013 5:25 pm  #165

Oh, you're making sense... just not in our conversation. It's like I say "Hi, what's up" and you say "I've never liked pumpkin pie". Separately, it makes sense, but it context, not so much. 

On a brighter note, I did something really clever (again) the other day. 

April 9, 2013 7:46 pm  #166

What…?  Hmf… I'm making perfect sense.  But I do like pie!  ;D   Ai… people don't always get my references.  Or play along.  You don't suddenly find yourself on a weird little side trip sometimes?  Wondering how you got there and… ooo… lookit the pretty lights…. 

Ehn….  taxes aren't nearly as fun as being lost in the shiny Internet, anyhow.  Guess I should quit being strange and playing around here for a bit and finish work.  Wonder where Molly et al went…  and now I want pie…..  ..Oh?  Heh…  *snrks*  uh huh, and now I'm sure you want to share with the class…. 

April 9, 2013 7:53 pm  #167

Oookay, let's pretend I gave a satisfying reply to that and you're happy that I'm such a good buddy, okay? Good. 

Seen as in order to understand how clever it was, you'd need a comprehensive understanding of my native language as well as my culture and a basic knowledge of Latin maxims (which you may or may not have), no I don't really want to share. I was just making conversation. Nice chat.

April 9, 2013 8:37 pm  #168

Oohkay… be all quirky secretive, then….  ;P  ;)   Ha...  can empathize with loving having little moments like that, though....  ;)

Heh…  and seeing as I'm not getting any work done, I'll just be heading off here to further shenanigans and amusing myself.  *"doffs" hat to a good night for all...  take-out/NCIS night!*   

April 9, 2013 8:44 pm  #169

Quirky and secretive is what I am so you might as well get used to it. 

April 9, 2013 9:59 pm  #170

Ah, no big deal.  Nothing but the rest of us normal folks here, anyway.    Don't let that coy, clever, mad man tell you otherwise.
Oh... wait...  actually, do listen to anything he says.  He'll probably tell you a secret... it's no big secret some mad people are the best people there are. (we all love Sherlock, right?)  *runs away to usual nightly adventure* 

April 9, 2013 10:10 pm  #171

Of all of you people, I think I take the biscuit though.

Aren't you from the US? It's daytime for you, why do you keep saying "nightly"? 

And of course I'll listen to everything The Doctor says. He's the Doctor, he's smarter than me. I've got a lot to learn from him. 

April 9, 2013 10:25 pm  #172

Well...it depends which time zone you are in. At the moment I am waaaaaay over on the West Coast so I'm 8 hours behind the UK. If, however I was on the East Coast I'd only be 5 hours behind and it would be early evening. No Gifs from me but I love the ones you are posting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2013 10:29 pm  #173

Yes, I know. I'm familiar with time zones. But early evening is not night. 

And no gif from me either because it's late and I'm too lazy to re-open Photobucket. 

April 10, 2013 5:23 am  #174

Sparrow wrote:

Of all of you people, I think I take the biscuit though.

Aren't you from the US? It's daytime for you, why do you keep saying "nightly"?

…That, I am….

Heh.... while you're partly right, at the time I was posting that, it was around 6-ish.  So, sure, thanks to the (wonderfully) warmer months, it was still nice and bright out, but I was (trying, if you count constantly getting distracted by something on the Internet ) to wrap up to head out for the 'night'.  Because 'see ya, I'm heading out for the early evening' doesn't quite flow the same.  ;P  And, um... now as typically usual, I'm back from "night out" and still up for some reason, pinging back to addictive messages and posts, and wrapping up before I end up like this lil guy.

So, indeed...  good night.  ;)

Also, re: "And of course I'll listen to everything The Doctor says. He's the Doctor, he's smarter than me. I've got a lot to learn from him."
   But of course.  If I could keep half his maxims incorporated on a daily basis....!  ;P

And Davina -- no gifs?  Aww, no problem!  Just throw in an expressively fun pic response and have fun with us!

April 10, 2013 8:30 am  #175

Oh, I see. Well, I always love taking things literally. I love the looks on people faces. I can't see your face of course... (or can I?) but it's still amusing to make you explain. 

It's very fun because people never seem to realize that most of what I say is...

Oh, I have all those incorporated. I have learned surprizingly much from the Doctor. I now know what happy primes are thanks to him. 

And he's proud of me. 

Last edited by Sparrow (April 10, 2013 8:30 am)

April 10, 2013 5:30 pm  #176

See my face?  You wanna see my face??  You feeling lucky, punk?  Huh??  You…  oh, wait… wrong movie…  ;DDD

Hnnf.  Traps.  We don't need no steenkin' traps.  We has a job for that..  Yes, Precious.  Evil job, pulling away now.  Not even the Doctor can saves us….  poor poor Russell….

Run away!!!  Save Yourselfs!!   

April 10, 2013 5:47 pm  #177

My answer to your entire post:

I thank Sheldon Cooper for providing me with such a satisfactory gif.

April 11, 2013 6:58 am  #178

*nods, all deep-thought like at response*  Mm.  Mmhmm.  *decides to be equal opposite contrary*

I'd also like to thank the amazingly expressive Mr. Cooper, without which we would not have nearly as many moments of shared gif hilarity (and a meaningless curfew, getting lost in watching clips again. Darn him and Sherlock and the Doctor and......).  ;P   ;)   *zonks*

April 11, 2013 7:05 am  #179

It's only clever the first time. But very well

Having said that,

April 11, 2013 6:57 pm  #180

Oh Yeah???

*gives in to having -nothing- else that fits reply and freaking browser keeps crashing from lag during gif-search, taking it as cue from universe to get butt moving to work for the evening*  Ciao!  0:-)

Board footera