BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2012 8:37 am  #21

Re: Mwahaha! Another cipher Sherlock would like. Solve it, I challenge you

Would I be correct in assuming that each pair of letters points to one letter?
(I know nothing about ciphers and have done no research btw)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 27, 2012 1:49 pm  #22

theCuriousOne answer-no
Wholocked answer-no

Well that cleared that up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2012 4:12 pm  #23

Seeing as everyone is asking questions...did you use a keycode?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 27, 2012 7:58 pm  #24

Remember what Moriarty says. The man who holds the key is King and honey, you should see me in a crown!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2012 8:51 pm  #25

Lol, is that a clue? 

April 8, 2012 6:22 am  #26

Go on...gizza clue! 

May 1, 2012 5:26 pm  #27

Sorry for the delay. I think you deserve a clue because I really haven't been playing fair have I?

May 1, 2012 8:20 pm  #28

Go on then!!

May 1, 2012 9:29 pm  #29

It's there in my last post.

I did tell you but were you...listening?

May 3, 2012 11:26 am  #30

Do you need another clue?

May 3, 2012 1:42 pm  #31

Not just yet! Haven't had time to work on the last one yet!

May 3, 2012 2:07 pm  #32

Rightiho! Sits twiddling fingers! Lol
Actually I'm glad you're cracking on with this one!
No rush! (Says she, the one who forgot all about the clue and left you...dangling!)

May 5, 2012 10:07 am  #33

OK...might be ready for another clue now!

I worked out what cipher you were using and had a go but I need a clue to which keyword you used, I've tried all the obvious ones so must be something more complex...unless you did something crazy like use two different ciphers and enciphered it with one of them then again with another to make it impossibly hard...

May 5, 2012 10:18 am  #34

Try looking up a geometrically shaped website. You might find Pythagoras' theorem is applicable.

May 7, 2012 7:52 am  #35

I presume you're talking about a triangle here...

May 7, 2012 12:05 pm  #36

Correct!

May 7, 2012 12:14 pm  #37

Hmm, now I just have to find the website you mentioned.

May 7, 2012 4:53 pm  #38

If you find it, you will not be disappointed!

May 13, 2012 11:49 pm  #39

HAHA I did it!!! 

Do I have permission to post my conclusion??

May 14, 2012 1:38 pm  #40

You do indeed! Don't know why I missed your post earlier? Well done!

Board footera