BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 12, 2013 11:11 am  #1

I've started a blog (like Jawwwn)

So, yes, I've started a Sherlockian blog, where I can post about upcoming events, give reports and reviews of all the events I've attended, and share my essays and thoughts on Sherlockian matters.

I only set it up yesterday but I'm starting to go through it and add events on.

http://www.napoleonofholmes.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 12, 2013 3:01 pm  #2

Re: I've started a blog (like Jawwwn)

What would we do without our blogger?!

Wonderful idea.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 12, 2013 3:06 pm  #3

That looks great, Boss. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 12, 2013 3:26 pm  #4

Our boss is also a blogger.  Looks good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 12, 2013 7:14 pm  #5

What? We don't give you enough to do?

Last edited by veecee (March 12, 2013 8:41 pm)

March 12, 2013 10:51 pm  #6

Nice boss - but you don't have our London Board meet-up listed there - Monday March 25th.  Or maybe that's because it's really more of a private gathering....yeah, probably best to keep it that way. OMG! I can't believe how soon it's coming!  Big event for me coming all the way across the pond

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 13, 2013 7:37 am  #7

KP, it's so amazing to have someone from so far away! But maybe the boss shouldn't post it in her blog. Imagine loads of people barging into Speedy's just to meet us. *laughing smiley" (They don't work at the moment)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 13, 2013 11:43 am  #8

SusiGo wrote:

KP, it's so amazing to have someone from so far away! But maybe the boss shouldn't post it in her blog. Imagine loads of people barging into Speedy's just to meet us. *laughing smiley" (They don't work at the moment)

Susi, it all began because of wonderful Tobe.  She welcomed me personally to the Board when I first signed on and her PM to me was so kind and enthusiastic and it seemed we shared so many of the same ideas and feelings - even life experiences - that I  began thinking of ways we could meet in London and share our love for 'Sherlock' and the city together.  The idea grew into reality and now we have a great weekend planned. And it's even better now that I'll also get to meet you and the boss and some of the others from this Board on Monday.  Life is good!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 13, 2013 11:57 am  #9

So let's have a toast on Tobe. With tea. (It even rhymes). 

March 13, 2013 7:30 pm  #10

Haha yeah...I don't suppose there's many people reading it yet as I've only just started it, but I didn't post the board meeting as an upcoming event just in case we get inundated with fangirls...I will however, post a report of it after the event!

March 13, 2013 7:54 pm  #11

The blog is a great idea, Boss, and it looks beautiful! I think your first readers will come from this board.

@KP: Thank you for your kind words. I didn't do anything that might deserve your praise -  but I'm really looking forward to meeting you, our lovely boss and all my fellow Sherlockians from this board who I've only been knowing from reading their posts till date. (ok, one exception, Susi!)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 14, 2013 8:37 am  #12

Nice job. I love the subtitle "Meanderings of a young Sherlockian". I just added it to my RSS feeds and will try to mention it in next week's Always1895.net Friday Sherlock Links. I particularly like the bit about when you were 12 and you got your "parents to take me to the museum in London where I purchased a deerstalker and magnifying glass." I hope you still have those.

Regards,
m

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

March 14, 2013 1:50 pm  #13

Thanks Matt!

I still have the magnifying glass, but something happened to the deerstalker, can't remember what. I must have lost it on one of my "cases"!

Board footera