BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2013 6:54 pm  #1

Did anyone notice the chalked rectangle?

I don' t know if it's just some British thing (me being a 'Yank" and all) but there was a solid rectangle chalked or painted on the sidewalk below Sherlock as he jumped. Before he jumped it was solid, and after it was almost dashed and worn away. Did anyone else notice that?

March 10, 2013 7:07 pm  #2

Re: Did anyone notice the chalked rectangle?

I did. But later I found some (not Sherlock related) photos of this place and it really was there... I don't know what it is but it probably has nothing to do with Sherlock's fall =(

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

March 10, 2013 7:08 pm  #3

Yes, I did notice that. I'm not sure if it's important - we'll see.
You're new here, right? Beautiful username, by the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 11, 2013 12:01 pm  #4

mindpalace wrote:

I don' t know if it's just some British thing (me being a 'Yank" and all) but there was a solid rectangle chalked or painted on the sidewalk below Sherlock as he jumped. Before he jumped it was solid, and after it was almost dashed and worn away. Did anyone else notice that?

It´s originally there, directly at the bus station. But nevertheless, it could be something Sherlock and his companions have integrated into their survival plan.

March 27, 2013 1:18 pm  #5

It's actually there on the pavement, not something they worked into the show. Can't explain the way it changed appearance, just a quirk of the camera I suppose.

Not sure what they're used for in real life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 27, 2013 3:16 pm  #6

Might have been left from the chalking for positioning of the enormous crash mat they used whilst doing the stunt related scenes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera