BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2013 4:17 am  #1

I Am New Here

Hello.  After reading this forum for awhile, I have decided to join.  I am in the U.S., female, early 50s. I was never a Sherlock Holmes fan, but when the new BBC series came to the U.S. I was Intrigued by the idea of bringing the famous detective into the 21st Century.  So I watched the first "Sherlock" on PBS and loved it! From there I started reading the Sherlock Holmes mysteries (all of them) and watching the Granda Television series with Jeremy Brett. 

Became a fan of Benedict too. Can't wait to see him in Star Trek.  BTW, I was born in London. Have not been back there for many years.

kaye

Last edited by kaye (March 3, 2013 4:17 am)

March 3, 2013 8:57 am  #2

Re: I Am New Here

Welcome, Kaye,
obviously, this is your place. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 3, 2013 10:09 am  #3

Hello and welcome to our community!

You're not planning to travel to London by chance? 
However, have a nice time here and enjoy yourself!

Laterz,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 3, 2013 10:13 am  #4

Very nice to have you around, Kaye! Welcome! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 3, 2013 10:44 am  #5

Hello, Kaye, welcome. Make yourself comfortable and have a nice time. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 3, 2013 2:38 pm  #6

Mary Me wrote:

Hello and welcome to our community!

You're not planning to travel to London by chance? 
However, have a nice time here and enjoy yourself!

Laterz,
Mary

Mary - I am dying to go back to London!   After watching Sherlock, I want to visit some of the locations featured there.  So much changed in London since I was there back in 1998.  I will definately visit there in the next year or two.

March 3, 2013 4:01 pm  #7

Hello and welcome to the forum Kaye. Ex-pats always welcome. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 4, 2013 1:41 pm  #8

Welcome, Kaye! A fellow American, 'ey? Gimme high five! *raises hand*
Great to have you here! I hope you can have as much fun as well all have (I think I'm speaking on my own behalf XD ). Can't wait to get to know you better!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

March 22, 2013 1:22 pm  #9

Hello to everyone...
I am also new to this forum. I like forum discussion very much. There are many interesting and knowledge able discussion threads in this forum. The forum community have knowledge and sense about the discussion topics. I am impressed and join the community.

March 22, 2013 1:24 pm  #10

Julian48 wrote:

Hello to everyone...
I am also new to this forum. I like forum discussion very much. There are many interesting and knowledge able discussion threads in this forum. The forum community have knowledge and sense about the discussion topics. I am impressed and join the community.

Welcome! Why don't you create your own thread? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 22, 2013 8:44 pm  #11

Welcome Kaye and Julian! Nice to have you both here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 22, 2013 9:23 pm  #12

Hallo Julian. Welcome to the forum. Make a thread for yourself. Ask if you are not sure how to do it.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 23, 2013 6:55 pm  #13

Hello  julian  and kaye!!   I'm the local kitty.   I  am from the USA,  but I sleep  under sherlock's chair.   right now I'm up on top of it,  because he's.....not there.   MEOW!!!  welcome to the forum!!   I've never been to London  but I so want to go there!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

April 12, 2013 1:02 pm  #14

It's good to hear that BBC Sherlock got you into Sherlock Holmes in general. It's dome that for a lot of people. Good stuff!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera