BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2013 12:17 pm  #1

What's the strangest item you've seen Sherlock deductively analyse?

This could be from book, film, TV or fanfiction (in which case include a link to fic). For me the shoes from The Great Game are up there in the Top 5. Not because shoes are inherently weird but it catches you off guard.
A: Here you go, your evidence
B: That's it?
A: You could analyse the fireplace.
B: I think I'll pass.

Also, if you could request a deductive analysis of any item that hasn't already been done, what would it be?
My request would be the crown that Moriarty stole (From Reichenbach Falls) - the analysis wouldn't concern that it was stolen (we already know that); it would concern "what can you tell about the person who normally wears it?" (other than that they happen to be the monarch - that's a bit obvious )

Last edited by saturnR (February 26, 2013 12:21 pm)

February 26, 2013 12:35 pm  #2

Re: What's the strangest item you've seen Sherlock deductively analyse?

Strangest "item" from the canon: Watson's thoughts.
My kindle lies at home, so I can't look up which story it was, but I'm pretty sure it was "The Adventure Of The Cartboard Box". Holmes deduces Watson's train of thoughts by watching his expression and the things he looks at. That was extremely awsome and is used in several fanfics I've read. Hm, I need to use it myself...

Funny, by the way, when referring to the canon it's always Holmes and Watson for me, as opposed to Sherlock and John from the show...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera