BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2012 1:56 am  #1

The Empty House

Wow, tonight I read The Final Problem followed by The Empty House (which is basically the return of Sherlock), and oh my God, I totally hope they use some of that story for the first episode back - it was SOOOO good!!

Has anyone read it? I won't talk about it too much if you haven't read it...

But basically, it had some aspects that I thought would work really well in modern Sherlock, and it makes a lot of sense in context too...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 13, 2012 2:50 am  #2

Re: The Empty House

Yes.
I'd assume Moftiss will add aspects of that one to the next episode. The trick is, what will be twisted.

This too is why everyone is talking about Moran. The character has a cult following already without anyone having been cast as the character as yet! It would be the funniest/cruelest thing if they decide NOT to feature that storyline or that character in teh next.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 13, 2012 8:17 am  #3

I know. It's mad the way everyone is obsessed with Moran. Very cool character...surely they've got to include him...but then, those boys are renowned for screwing with people's heads!

I like the way the story gives him a logical and legitimate reason to return to London - because he knew he could catch up with Moran there. Otherwise why choose to return at that moment rather than any other moment. It makes sense.

And that scene where they're waiting in the dark and Moran walks in not even knowing they're there...it has so much tension in I can imagine it working really well on screen...as well as general aspects of the story would be really easy to adapt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 20, 2012 9:05 am  #4

There's quite a good post on The FinalProblem's Tumblr regarding the three assassins. I just read The Empty House and was interested that SH noted there were three in particular of M's henchmen he feared. It was initially theorised that he went ahead with faking his death even after M shot himself because the three assassins were out there. Many things in TRF seem to have allowed for series three to follow much of what is in The Empty House - pretty much the entire plot could be lifted and dropped as-is into a modern setting IMO.

Argh so much waiting to see what Moftiss are going to do!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 8, 2012 9:01 am  #5

I think that in response to the amount of males compared to females in Sherlock, Moran could even be a woman. Or perhaps a cat. Or possibly more than one person.

Sometimes my head hurts with fandom input. Now allow me to deduce you by offering a jelly baby.

April 8, 2012 9:24 am  #6

A cat? A cat with a sniper rifle...the 2nd most dangerous cat in London...Moriarty's chief of cats....his right hand cat....ahhh, the jokes are endless.

April 8, 2012 11:56 pm  #7

It could be the Siamese connection!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2012 3:07 pm  #8

Toomanyfandomstofunktion:
I like the idea of a deadly killer catwoman! Introduce Kate Moran, loyal assistent and secrete lover of the late Jim Moriarty! And there is still the female assassin(e) unaccounted for. Unimportant lose end or brilliant plot twist, lol?

Last edited by sherlocked (April 9, 2012 3:08 pm)

April 9, 2012 4:16 pm  #9

Female villians are goods. There's potential for a few more of them too. There's some interesting female characters in the canon.

April 9, 2012 6:48 pm  #10

There are although most seem to be cast in the role of victim or moral support of victim. Just a reflection of the times they were written though.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera