BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2013 2:09 pm  #1

Neverwhere

Benedict is amongst the cast of this BBC Radio series, along with James McEvoy amongst others. It is an adaptation of  Neil Gaiman's fantasy drama. This series is in 6 parts with the first hour long being aired on Radio 4 on Saturday 16 March at 6p.m. Thereafter the next 5 episodes will be half-an-hour in length and will be on Radio4 extra spread throughout the week starting on Monday 18 March.

http:/www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02-20/benedict-cumberbatch-and-the-cast-of-neverwhere---first-photo-and-air-date-revealed

I'll try and keep up-to-date with any further press releases regarding this series which you should be able to get on I-player.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 25, 2013 6:03 pm  #2

Re: Neverwhere

Eee...  I know!  Agree this is so cool, despite the fact that I was just neutral with Neverwhere...  regardless, super awesome voice cast...  heck, they would've made an awesome movie cast, if they bothered!   But that article doesn't show the even cuter casual pic that was also posted!  Hello from Below!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 25, 2013 9:41 pm  #3

Thank you, Davina, for updating us. I'll give it a try although his part isn't that big (at least in the book). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 6, 2013 6:39 am  #4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 6, 2013 8:27 pm  #5

Ben is the Angel? Oh, my gosh. OK, no spoilers.That's all I'll say.
Thanks for letting us know about this show, D!
Something to fill the time waiting for Cabin Pressure and Sherlock.

Americans, don't forget to adjust for Daylight Saving Time, starting this weekend (March 10) -- unless you're one of those few places that don't change..

Last edited by veecee (March 6, 2013 8:30 pm)

March 13, 2013 10:37 pm  #6

Has this not been posted yet?

Okay. Put your headphones on and click play. I don't take responsibility for any kind of emotional overflow, eargasm or shock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0169jdc

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 14, 2013 7:35 am  #7

No words. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 15, 2013 5:40 pm  #8

Lily wrote:

Has this not been posted yet?

Okay. Put your headphones on and click play. I don't take responsibility for any kind of emotional overflow, eargasm or shock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0169jdc

Where did my pants go?
Anyone?

Oh. My. God

I think I've just had 'Aural Sex.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

March 16, 2013 11:29 am  #9

Been a bit of a hoo-ha over this being on Radio 4 for the first episode and then moving over to Radio 4 extra. If people don't have DAB radios/don't have internet connection for i-player they won't be able to hear it. Some unhappy bunnies out there.

March 17, 2013 12:59 pm  #10

Did anyone catch the 'debate'/opinion panel just before ep 1 started? More specifically the bit with the guy talking all fire and brimstone about gay people... I have never wanted a presenter to cut someone off the air so much in all my life. What was worse was that the poor woman had to *thank* this bigot for his opinions...

I'd like to think there is a special place for him in the Hell he believes so much in...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

March 19, 2013 8:50 pm  #11

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 20, 2013 12:21 am  #12

I'm listening to one of these episodes right now on line. I'm not sure which but they're drinking wine from Atlantis with Islington; and, oh my goodness, his Angel's voice - precise, ghostly, beautiful...

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 20, 2013 12:09 pm  #13

I started to listen to the first episode of Neverwhere, but as I am not a native speaker I had difficulties to understand everything. Does anybody know if one can find subtitels/text somewhere to read while listening?
Would you like to hear Benedict as Islington singing?
http://broadwayworld.com/article/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sings-In-New-NEVERMORE-Clip-20130315#

Last edited by Be (March 20, 2013 1:25 pm)

March 20, 2013 3:54 pm  #14

Be wrote:

I started to listen to the first episode of Neverwhere, but as I am not a native speaker I had difficulties to understand everything. Does anybody know if one can find subtitels/text somewhere to read while listening?
Would you like to hear Benedict as Islington singing?
http://broadwayworld.com/article/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sings-In-New-NEVERMORE-Clip-20130315#

very much enjoying the show~somewhere between fairy tale & horror story. and yes, i came a little undone with the singing~it was really beautiful. 

March 20, 2013 9:12 pm  #15

I love this show so much. It is beautifully played and I love the idea of this 'other world'.
After listening to the first episode I immideately ordered the book. 

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 24, 2013 4:23 pm  #16

Well-I had a chance to sit and listen to the remaining episodes and oooh-i did NOT see that coming! Powerful stuff 

March 27, 2013 2:45 pm  #17

Episode One is available on I-Tunes for free. If I got it correctly, the rest will be there for free, too, published on a weekly base. It's the BBC Podcast "Drama of the week".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 27, 2013 6:27 pm  #18

Schmiezi wrote:

Episode One is available on I-Tunes for free. If I got it correctly, the rest will be there for free, too, published on a weekly base. It's the BBC Podcast "Drama of the week".

Thank you. I was just going to ask where I could listen to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 2, 2013 9:31 am  #19

... well, I've been wrong, it seems. Only the first hour was available there, the rest isn't.
Is there someone around who knows where you can still find it? Will it be available for download or published as a CD or something? I mean, I can't believe the BBC produces something with such an efford and then only let people listen for a few weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 2, 2013 12:34 pm  #20

I think I saw it in BBCShop as CD.

Board footera