BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2013 5:34 am  #1

Sherlock vs. Everything Else

I stole this from Tumblr:

"The difference between Sherlock and other television shows is I turn the volume down for other shows’ themes, but I turn the volume up for Sherlock’s.”

http://letsjustdancealone.tumblr.com/post/43964917869/the-difference-between-sherlock-and-other

Accurate accurate accurate.

Last edited by KellyBookworm (February 25, 2013 5:35 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're going to be boring, please do it over there.

February 25, 2013 6:09 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock vs. Everything Else

Huh...  that is kind of a neat/cute way of putting it.  Not sure I can entirely agree, but certainly appreciate, with loving the music so much... and how much it makes an effect on a scene, or theme...  I mean, seriously!  So many times the soundtrack of a show just helps make the moment, but there are other show themes than Sherlock's that always drive something home for me too...  Southland, House of Cards, Doctor Who, and NCIS, I'm looking at you........   ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 27, 2013 8:39 am  #3

I can't help but feel that the music for both the Robert Downey Jnr films & BBC Sherlock sway a little on the Indie side. The Downey films have very out there music but even the BBC Sherlock has music that you know will take you into a slightly different world even though it is "modern London" - the music makes it very much Holmes's London.

In House MD, there's an episode where I think they take House speed dating. I would love to see that (even if it's just for a case related incident) - put Sherlock into a speed dating room & watch him roll

Last edited by saturnR (February 27, 2013 8:39 am)

February 27, 2013 8:22 pm  #4

He wouldn't even need the full 30 seconds, or whatever it usually is.
This should probably switch to a different thread.

Board footera