BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2013 12:00 am  #1

John "the Hobbit" Watson

I'm posting this topic here instead of elsewhere, because it is related to both the Hobbit and Sherlock.
After discussing John Watson's situation with my little sister, we came up with an interesting theory. The picture down below explains it.

So, what are your thoughts?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

February 23, 2013 9:11 am  #2

Re: John "the Hobbit" Watson

Maybe after the adventures in The Hobbit, Bilbo got so bored with "ordinary existence" in the shire that he decided to come to the 21st Century & met Sherlock there. I think the events of The Hobbit predate Watson & Holme's adventures. This is the reason that John admits to "missing the war" in Study in Pink

February 23, 2013 11:14 am  #3

Yes. Perfectly sounds analysis, Jayhan. Watson is drugged, definitely.  This fact mixed up with his pain is the reason for him escaping to a dreamworld, where he's a hobbit looking for Sherlock, who's pretending to be a dragon. I don't know why, but there's something wrong with it. There has to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 23, 2013 3:41 pm  #4

Nope, doesn't make any sense, he wouldn't imagine Sherlock to be the evil draon.

But here's my theory: After travelling through time and space for a while Arthue Dent decided to make himself a home on the planet "middle-earth" where he got involved in a strange kind of an adventure and afterwards he just wanted to have a bit of peace and also he had been homesick for a while so he took the next spaceship to earth. But then he noticed that life was boring so he decided to move in with Sherlock!

February 23, 2013 9:11 pm  #5

This is why he is barefoot in that scene at the end of Reichenbach while he's sitting in the chair. He's thinking about going back to the Shire.

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful --- Martin Freeman 3/1/13

February 23, 2013 9:13 pm  #6

Soquel wrote:

This is why he is barefoot in that scene at the end of Reichenbach while he's sitting in the chair. He's thinking about going back to the Shire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 20, 2013 3:18 am  #7

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Bilbo when I saw John's bare feet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

March 20, 2013 3:23 am  #8

Remember, Smaug, I'm a Buglar, I've killed giant spiders!!

You're a Hobbit!!

I've had bad days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

Board footera