BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2013 8:36 am  #1

Thought Holograms: Sherlock & Da Vinci Code

The scene where Sherock is sifting through clues in the air (in the lab; for audience benefit) is very similar to the scene in Da Vinci Code where Langdon visualises Newton's Memorial Monument. The scene in Sherlock was definitely better done but I can't help seeing them as similarities. Is this technique used anywhere else (in other shows)? or is it limited to characters that are either geniuses oor academics ?

February 21, 2013 9:08 am  #2

Re: Thought Holograms: Sherlock & Da Vinci Code

Do you mean the mind palace? This is a direct quote from "Minority Report".... I mean the way how they visualized it, film technologically. The memory technique which Sherlock is using is also existing, I heard about that in connection with high flyers e.g., highly gifted persons.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (February 21, 2013 9:12 am)

February 21, 2013 10:21 am  #3

Re: Thought Holograms: Sherlock & Da Vinci Code

This memory technique can be used by almost everyone, not just academic high-flyers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera