BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2013 5:50 pm  #21

Re: Today must have been Blind Baker Day at school

That's a nice reward for you being totally unselfish!
Let's hope that the girls' parents won't make you responsible one day for any side effects on their daughters caused by watching this addictive material.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 28, 2013 6:47 pm  #22

How lovely!
Sometimes (okay often.... always) I seriously think about taking over the english lessons, because at the moment it's just so dull and unambitious. If I was the english teacher in our grade I'd be permanently depressive. Or I'd just throw stones at anybody who makes a huge grammatical error.
Anyway, Now I have to survive the english clause tomorrow and then I'm looking forward to five weeks off school.  Life can be so relaxing sometimes.

Please... let me just give you an impression of how much I'm suffering.

Quote Classmate:
"auf gut englisch "In the beginning Blablabla made some direkt questions over the problems about the maintheme (line 5-6, 8-9) for the reader. With this he made the thematic interesting and the reader wants to know some informations ..." so wäre glaub ich in etwa ne geeingnete einleitung"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 1, 2013 5:36 am  #23

Yes, unselfish me, giggling happily all morning afterwards.
Mary, surprisingly enough, it is forbidden to throw stones at pupils. Stupid rule, but still a rule...

But let me share one more highlight: A boy from that class told me afterwards that he liked the episode, but...(in German):  "The stories are usually written from Dr. Watson's piont of view, but the episode wasn't, at least not completely. I'm not sure I like that!"
Please keep in mind that we are talking about a 13-year-old from Hauptschule.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 1, 2013 7:13 am  #24

That's really wonderful, Schmiezi - combining your personal passions and your work as a teacher. Do they know about your writing fanfic as well? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 1, 2013 5:19 pm  #25

Some of them do, yes. Two of the older ones tried to read it, but it's a bit above their English level.
But if they thought a fanfic writing teacher was weird, they didn't tell me so. Good boys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 1, 2013 5:30 pm  #26

It isn't weird at all. It's just the proof that you aren't one of these boring teachers that...
Well, if I think of some of my teachers it's hard to believe that they get excited about anything.
Do you actually carry the fanfiction with you to continue on writing during the breaks or did you just so on request?

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 1, 2013 5:48 pm  #27

Ahem... Of course, during a lesson, my mind is ALWAYS just set on the lesson... *cough*
Noooo, it's not. I must confess that it starts with me always carrying the flash drive the story is on in my trouser pocket. Sometime, when my pupils are working on their own and don't need help, I write notes or first sketches on my spiral notebook. In very rare cases I brought my laptop to the class and wrote something while they were busy. But that was to state something like: "You are writing something creative, and so am I. See, it can be fun..."

I'm having at least one free period every day, and I use them to write when I don't have to correct testpapers. And I do a lot of writing in my head when I'm driving.

March 1, 2013 5:50 pm  #28

And I once wrote an email to Susi during a lesson we had at the computer room. Shame on me!

March 1, 2013 6:26 pm  #29

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who uses every opportunity to write "weird" stuff.
And I guess your pupils should be really happy to have such a good and creative teacher. I had good English teachers at school as well as bad ones and it can really make a huge difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 1, 2013 6:34 pm  #30

Thank you so very much!

By the way, Quite, are you writing something currently? I'd be really looking forward to reading it..

March 1, 2013 6:54 pm  #31

That's so nice of you to say. Concerning fanfiction I'm currently writing a novel, but it will take some time before it's finished or before I can even post the first chapter. There are too many "holes" in it at the moment.
By the way, I didn't notice you're already in chapter 7 with your story. I have to catch up on it. Guess I should make use of the "follow" feature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 1, 2013 10:10 pm  #32

Yes, I love this follow thing! I never thought I would get so many, but I'm still wondering why so little people leave reviews. I thought it would be the other way round. Hm, anyway, I'm so exciting every time I post a new chapter. I always reload the traffic graph on fanfiction to see how many people read it.

March 1, 2013 10:22 pm  #33

Schmiezi wrote:

Yes, I love this follow thing! I never thought I would get so many, but I'm still wondering why so little people leave reviews. I thought it would be the other way round. Hm, anyway, I'm so exciting every time I post a new chapter. I always reload the traffic graph on fanfiction to see how many people read it.

Don't worry. I'm an Amazon and Novelrank addict. Job hazard. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 1, 2013 10:25 pm  #34

Cool, could you give me a link or something? I'd love to have a look at your fanfic.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 1, 2013 10:33 pm  #35

Mary: sent! Hope you like it.
Susi: I might have just raised your amazon ranking!

March 2, 2013 10:08 am  #36

Thank you very much, Schmiezi. 

March 2, 2013 10:12 am  #37

The least I can do for all your support!
Besides, I've started reading it yesterday, and I really like it. I'll surely keep on raising your ranking.

Board footera