BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2013 7:22 pm  #1

Today must have been Blind Baker Day at school

Today, my 7th grade had to do an exercise where they had to write a dialogue about John trying to ask Sarah out for a football match.

Later, there was a listening comprehension exercise for my 8th graders in which Soo Lin told us something about her school.

Scary!
But cool!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 19, 2013 7:35 pm  #2

Re: Today must have been Blind Baker Day at school

Yellow paint involved as well?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 19, 2013 7:37 pm  #3

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 19, 2013 7:47 pm  #4

tobeornot221b wrote:

Maybe that was later in art class, when they had to demonstrate a depth of dramatic tone with doing a still life in Yellow.   ;)))

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 19, 2013 7:55 pm  #5

Russell wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Maybe that was later in art class, when they had to demonstrate a depth of dramatic tone with doing a still life in Yellow. ;)))

Well, one boy used a yellow felt tip pen to tick the right answers. Does that count?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 19, 2013 8:28 pm  #6

It does. Good boy. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 20, 2013 10:46 am  #7

well well...and then all the comic books started coming true!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 20, 2013 5:22 pm  #8

For God's sake, what are you doing at school and why's your english teacher so correct?
If my school day would look like this I'd feel less unchallenged! At least during my english lessons 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 21, 2013 5:11 am  #9

Um... I AM the English teacher.

February 21, 2013 5:21 am  #10

That was a nice compliment to start the day with, Schmiezi, wasn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 21, 2013 5:46 am  #11

Yeeees, lovely! Can't wait to go to school now. Thank you, MaryMe!

Yesterday I had to sack a very pink mobile, by the way...

February 21, 2013 5:58 am  #12

Schmiezi wrote:

Yesterday I had to sack a very pink mobile, by the way...

Apparently someone’s gone to a lot of trouble to make it look like the very pink phone...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 21, 2013 6:14 am  #13

Off I go. Let's see what will happen at school today...

February 21, 2013 7:16 am  #14

Schmiezi wrote:

Kudos to you! 

*getting ready for a really boring school day now*

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 21, 2013 7:48 am  #15

I would have loved to have an English teacher who does such interesting stuff in class and writes fanfic … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 21, 2013 12:28 pm  #16

SusiGo wrote:

I would have loved to have an English teacher who does such interesting stuff in class and writes fanfic … 

Me too  for now

Soo, Schmiezi, where do you teach so that I can change schools, please?  

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 22, 2013 6:07 am  #17

So, yesterday part of the English class test was "Imagine you are writing a blog about yourself..." Of course I said yes when they asked if they could pretend to be someone else. I didn't get a blog from John Watson, but a blog from Batman, one from a famous singer and one from a vampire girl named Zoey. I love those kids!

Mary, you're from Bonn??? I need to send you a PM.

February 22, 2013 3:33 pm  #18

That sounds amazing! :D

Our English teacher read some of the Sherlock Holmes stories to us when we were in grade eight - I will always keep him in good memory. ;)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 23, 2013 3:34 pm  #19

Schmiezi wrote:

My friend told me she they had watched one or two episodes in English class and she didn't even like it that much!
My English classes are so boring and if we do watch a movie it's "Wag the dog", wich is crappy or "Lincoln" in the cimema which was boring and I didn't understand most of it becaus I don't have all that political vocabulary.

Anyway, credit to you for being such a great teacher, I bet your students love you ;)

February 28, 2013 5:39 pm  #20

...and today was "Study in Pink" day!

I've shown it to my favourite 7th graders (who will in future always be referred to as my Reichenbach-class, due to one girl's family name). What a lovely way to start your day after being sick for three days.

One of them knew the show already and was grinning happily all the time. Another one re-arranged her scarf in the middle of the episode. You just have to love those girls!

Last edited by Schmiezi (February 28, 2013 5:40 pm)

Board footera