BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2013 5:47 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock's habits

I think Sherlock got this idea after John had "joined" him. if he had not, the aim of Sherlock would had been to protect him, definitely. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 15, 2013 5:50 pm  #22

To be fair, I think HE just didn't want to be arrested, John just happened to be there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 15, 2013 5:55 pm  #23

he pressumed it, of course, because he got into Moriarty´s plan. John was around accidentaly. but I don´t think Sherlock would leave John in any bad situation that time, even if he would fall into a danger himself. grr. my expression ability is not at the highest point tonight 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 15, 2013 7:49 pm  #24

Pressing his hands together as if in prayer when thinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 15, 2013 7:52 pm  #25

speaking to John even he´s not there 

February 15, 2013 11:43 pm  #26

besleybean wrote:

I think he's trying to protect John.

I tend to point loaded firearms at my friends to protect them.  Seriously though, he is very non-savvy with his loaded weapons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

February 16, 2013 8:32 am  #27

Looking for inspiration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 16, 2013 5:06 pm  #28

The "hostage" move is definitely aimed to protect John from any suspicion of being an accomplice in the flight, and it's hilarious (in spite of the dramatic tension of the moment), to see how relieved Watson is to accept this little charade ("hostage, yes, it works")

Putting together the fingertips while thinking is a distinct homage to ACD, but fidgeting with his fingers is BC invididual imput into Sherlock's role, I think .
And well... rising the collar of his coat to look cool and mysterious? He just can't help it, Pavlov's conditioned reflex 

February 16, 2013 11:21 pm  #29

horserider99 wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I think he's trying to protect John.

I tend to point loaded firearms at my friends to protect them.  Seriously though, he is very non-savvy with his loaded weapons.

I got rather concerned when he scatched the back of his head with the muzzle of his loaded pistol in TGG pool scene!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

February 16, 2013 11:27 pm  #30

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 17, 2013 12:01 pm  #31

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 17, 2013 12:17 pm  #32

Ahhh hilarious 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 17, 2013 12:40 pm  #33

Exactly this is what my brother said while watching sherlock: "This man should NEVER have a gun" :D 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

February 18, 2013 2:13 am  #34

pitagor wrote:

"This man should NEVER have a gun"

lol - technically he hasn't got a gun. Only John and assorted baddies..

.. however, Sherlock, as usual, is far too resourceful.

Anyway, I always assumed that the writers went through the gun safety list, and then had Sherlock systematically address said list. I still laugh hardest at the gun handling scenes ;)

February 18, 2013 10:51 am  #35

But then, he uses guns in the best possible way - never harm people. If only folks like him had a gun, the world would indeed be a safer place 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 18, 2013 12:12 pm  #36

Well, he DID intend to shoot Golem in TGG, but he missed . On the other hand, Golem was really an unpleasant guy... 

February 18, 2013 4:44 pm  #37

See, he missed him - another reason why he is best at gun safety, actually   

Last edited by Harriet (February 18, 2013 4:44 pm)

February 18, 2013 5:26 pm  #38

Harriet wrote:

But then, he uses guns in the best possible way - never harm people. If only folks like him had a gun, the world would indeed be a safer place

Quite true, yes! :-D But also I woulnd't like to have friends in this better world. I mean - I'd would never know when i'm going to be a hostage, pointed with a gun at my poor head...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

February 24, 2013 2:55 pm  #39

This actually just happened to me. Whilst sat reading this thread at my parents house, I overheard my mum saying "...blah blah blah...bullet holes in the wall...blah blah blah". I turned to her in an instant and said, "oh my God, are you talking about Sherlock?" She gave me a really weird look and was like "err...no...." then carried back to their conversation about I'm not really sure anymore because bullet holes in walls are only relevant to Sherlock to me....

Anyway....

There was no way Sherlock could predict that John would punch the Cheif Superintendant and therefore end up getting arrested along with him, but he was probably rather glad when it happened as it enabled them to stick together. The whole "hostage" thing was a last minute addition because John didn't want to get implicated in Sherlock's imminent and daring escape, and I'm sure that Sherlock didn't want his friend in even more trouble than he already was either...so yes...he didn't have to do that, and he was thinking of John.

This is kind of off topic though so....

Sherlock's habits. No one has actually mentioned the obvious ones:

Playing violin
Doing experiments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 24, 2013 3:01 pm  #40

Can we count playing Cluedo?!

Board footera