BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2013 9:34 am  #1

Sherlock's habits

Does Sherlock have any habits? (besides "being an annoying dick all the time"). like, I don't know, tilting his head to one side or something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

February 15, 2013 10:36 am  #2

Re: Sherlock's habits

Fiddling with objects like ridiculously expensive phones? But that's Benedict's habit, not Sherlock's. Not eating while on a case? Stepping on furniture? (Almost) never driving in patrol cars?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2013 10:49 am  #3

having black coffee with two sugars in. texting not calling. replying on anything. and many others. /I  heard en excerpt from the canon recently, and the quote "he was obsessed with cleanliness, as a cat" stayed in my mind - interesting description of his character/  and former smoking!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 15, 2013 12:06 pm  #4

Tea with milk, yes. TRF. Didn't you observe?? 

Last edited by Mattlocked (February 15, 2013 12:06 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 15, 2013 12:09 pm  #5

I have never understood this British habit  concerning on John´s shopping bag: beans, milk, vegetables and wine - wonder what are their favourite meals when Mrs. Hudson is not available... oh yes, and risotto!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 15, 2013 12:14 pm  #6

Surprising rice.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 15, 2013 12:17 pm  #7

with some thumbs from the fridge  

February 15, 2013 12:40 pm  #8

Vegetarians in 221b? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 15, 2013 12:52 pm  #9

No, not John. He's definitely non-vegetarian. I'm sure of that. As for Sherlock, he's eating apples and Quavers. Sounds quite veggie to me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2013 12:57 pm  #10

I don´t think Sherlock is veggie - remember the scene when Mrs. Hudson takes away the meal he had  left untouched in ASiB - seems like meat with something.

February 15, 2013 1:09 pm  #11

Ha, that's why it's untouched! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 15, 2013 1:10 pm  #12

, tricky Mrs. Hudson!

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (February 15, 2013 1:11 pm)

February 15, 2013 1:18 pm  #13

</joke>

February 15, 2013 1:24 pm  #14

maybe the British equivalent to latte macchiato? 

February 15, 2013 1:25 pm  #15

February 15, 2013 1:26 pm  #16

February 15, 2013 4:52 pm  #17

If Sherlock has taken something into his head he would persue it without regard to friend or foe.
For instance:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 15, 2013 4:57 pm  #18

I think he's trying to protect John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 15, 2013 5:01 pm  #19

No, I don't think so. He wants to make a "daring escape", no matter what John is thinking.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (February 15, 2013 5:01 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 15, 2013 5:44 pm  #20

i maintained that Sherlock got his idea of John as his hostage when John fumbled for an explanation for Sherlock's action. After seeing tobe's post I watched it again. Yep, Sherlock's firm expression proves I'm wrong about that. I missed a lot while focussing on subtitles

Board footera