BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2016 11:50 am  #541

Re: Long-service Medals

I am far away from my laptop and need to pimp my post later but there is one thing that needs to be said right now:

Happy 4th forum anniversary to our wonderful mod SusiGo!

I am so glad you stumbled over this forum four years ago. Thank you for all the work and patience and passion you invest. It would not be the same without you!

And without you joining here, I would never have met you, and that is unthinkable. Glad to have you around!

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 5, 2016 2:29 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 5, 2016 12:22 pm  #542

Thank you. What a lovely post. I feel very much the same. It has been a wild ride. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2016 1:50 pm  #543

Happy 4th forum anniversary!

Clueing for looks.

June 5, 2016 2:04 pm  #544

Congratulations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 5, 2016 3:33 pm  #545

Susi, I enjoy being your co-mod but more than that I appreciate being your friend.
You help make this forum the wonderful place that it is.        xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

*flings rainbow confetti*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 5, 2016 3:50 pm  #546

Thank you all, this makes me very happy. It has been a wonderful time and I have found some lovely new friends. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2016 5:14 pm  #547

4 years – that is awesome, Susi!

Thank you for your perseverance and efforts towards this forum.
You're a fine moderator and a lovely friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 5, 2016 5:15 pm  #548

Thank you, I am very moved. 

June 5, 2016 7:43 pm  #549

Dear Susi, big congrats for pulling through, you invest so much time and strength as a mod and yet always stay patient and calm.
I enjoy chatting with you so much and share some wonderful humour.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 5, 2016 8:05 pm  #550

Thank you, mrshouse, it is my pleasure to be here. 

June 6, 2016 6:42 am  #551

Oh boy, I missed it all... so this is a quick one for both tonnaree and Susi:

All the best to our lovely mods! May you both stay with us for a loooooong time...!!

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 6, 2016 6:43 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 6, 2016 6:48 am  #552

Big congratulations, Susi!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 6, 2016 6:51 am  #553

Thank you all. I cannot believe it myself. 

June 6, 2016 7:45 am  #554

Wow....  that's ages, in this fandom!           Congrats, and glad to have as mods!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 6, 2016 4:13 pm  #555

Well the forum's lasted quite well...but some of us have been in the fandom since Summer 2010.
Maybe Susis has, too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 6, 2016 4:20 pm  #556

No, I haven't. I got hooked after watching series 2 on DVD and hearing Benedict's voice. That was in May 2012. I did not know where to put my enthusiasm and googled Sherlock. The rest is history.

Last edited by SusiGo (June 6, 2016 4:22 pm)

June 9, 2016 12:40 am  #557

Congrats, Susi.  I'm so glad you became one of our Mods. I think I joined the Forum just a couple of days after you and it was because I didn't know what to do with all my emotions after watching TRF. I remember being almost in a daze, unable to think of much else. It was such a relief to find this forum and be able to spill my guts. I was so happy to find like-minded people (except for Kazza  ) sharing our thoughts and feelings about this amazing show.

Last edited by KeepersPrice (June 9, 2016 12:41 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 9, 2016 3:51 am  #558

Oh, belated congratulations to you as well, KP!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 9, 2016 6:53 am  #559

Yep, well done KP.

June 9, 2016 7:01 am  #560

Oh, yes KP, it has been a wonderful time. Many happy returns. 

P.S. And thanks for reminding me of my worst forum nightmare. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 9, 2016 7:04 am)

Board footera