BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2014 6:27 pm  #161

Re: The Imitation Game

Thank you Marta  I'll definately give it a try before I watch the film. It seems I've got time until November.

I learn physics too and it is really hard. I find mathematics much easier - and much more interesting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 8, 2014 6:36 pm  #162

Marta wrote:

Thank you Marta  I'll definately give it a try before I watch the film. It seems I've got time until November.

I learn physics too and it is really hard. I find mathematics much easier - and much more interesting

I'll stay with animal anatomy - easier   November? I'm afraid we'll have to wait until January or February like rest of the Europe T.T

Last edited by MartaSt (May 8, 2014 6:37 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 13, 2014 3:24 pm  #163

14th November for the UK!

May 13, 2014 3:28 pm  #164

Seriously? Great news! How did you know?

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 13, 2014 4:01 pm  #165

Woo hoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 13, 2014 4:14 pm  #166

"

May 13, 2014 4:15 pm  #167

My thoughts exactly. And now I only need a German release at the same time (like they did with TFE). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 13, 2014 4:38 pm  #168

I wonder if this film will be on Polish cinemas? I seriously doubt it...

"

May 13, 2014 4:40 pm  #169

Yeah that would be fantastic!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 13, 2014 5:54 pm  #170

Well the French release date is something like January 24, 2015!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 13, 2014 6:15 pm  #171

...While sellers occasionally show extended post-production footage to boost presales, creating the 15-minute reel on the Alan Turing biopic “The Imitation Game” was “more like cutting a short film,” says FilmNation’s Baker.The reel excised subplots and focused on the film’s WWII-era section, which featured star Benedict Cumberbatch’s most powerful moments.“We knew we had this incredible performance from Benedict, and Keira (Knightley) for that matter, so we tried to cut something with an awards feel, showcasing the emotional arc of the characters.

It was about our buyers having an emotional response”The gambit worked — the Weinstein Co. bought U.S. rights for a whopping $7 million.“They need the commitment from us that were going to deliver something that’s going to work for them commercially,” Jones notes. “The more they know, and the more they have an early influence on that process, the more confidence they’re going to have.”

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/agents-find-new-expensive-ways-to-sell-movies-in-crowded-markets-1201178801/

May 13, 2014 6:20 pm  #172

Thank you very much. This make me even more excited for his performance. Although I am quite sure that his post-war moments will be as powerful regarding the tragic events. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 13, 2014 8:08 pm  #173

I hate red carpets in the cold months of year...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 14, 2014 5:16 am  #174

Wonder why .... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 14, 2014 6:07 am  #175

Ah but it could mean the reappearance of velvetbatch!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 14, 2014 8:16 am  #176

*Drools at the thought of VelvetBatch*

I hope this film makes it to Denmark sometime... it sounds so exciting and I have the best feeling Ben is going to wow me once again! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 14, 2014 8:21 am  #177

Excited and nervous about this!
I really hope it's as good as it's being reported to be...I usually wait to watch Movies on DVD or TV but I think I'll catch this one while it's at the cinema.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 14, 2014 9:34 pm  #178

So the German rights have been sold. I hope this means we get a release date soon. 

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/squareone-nabs-rights-to-cumberbatchs-imitation-game-exclusive-1201181188/

May 14, 2014 9:43 pm  #179

...and please let it be this year! I won't be able to wait until next year...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 15, 2014 2:24 am  #180

*fingers crossed for German friends*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera