BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 2, 2014 11:49 am  #121

Re: The Imitation Game

I'm really excited about this, really excited!!

There's talk, and it's only talk, that maybe it could get shown at the London film festival in October. Here's hoping!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 2, 2014 11:53 am  #122

17th of October would suit me perfectly. I am in London then and have no plans for that day yet. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 2, 2014 11:57 am  #123

tonnaree wrote:

Now, bring on the trailers!!!!!

Trailers wolud probably be in August, or more likely on September I suppose. Long waiting, to long for my taste xD

There's talk, and it's only talk, that maybe it could get shown at the London film festival in October. Here's hoping!!

Lucky England

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 2, 2014 11:58 am  #124

Well, the festival will run from 8 to 19 October, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, gently!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 2, 2014 12:59 pm  #125

As mentioned already, a November release date for the US is ideal for the run in to the Oscars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 2, 2014 1:03 pm  #126

That's great to hear! I'm so excited for this. 

May 2, 2014 3:43 pm  #127

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, the festival will run from 8 to 19 October, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, gently!

Oh ... *swallow* ... that would be ... don't really expect to have a chance of meeting ... um ... but if I already could watch the film...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

May 2, 2014 4:22 pm  #128

Oooh how lovely with a release date!! Great news to come home to after a stupid day! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 2, 2014 5:42 pm  #129

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh ... *swallow* ... that would be ... don't really expect to have a chance of meeting ... um ... but if I already could watch the film...

Breath, gently, breath...!
I could imagine that they would have a film like TIG as opening film at a film festival in London, but you never know...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 2, 2014 5:54 pm  #130

Well can't make it earlier to London ... Unfortunately ...

(Tony Hadley)

May 8, 2014 9:21 am  #131

This comes with a spoiler warning.

Screenwriter Charlie Kaufman analyses the script and calls it one of the five best scripts he has ever read. Fascinating and promising but beware of information you may not wish to see before watching the film:

http://bit.ly/1osQ50O

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 8, 2014 9:25 am  #132

Okay, I won't read it then and just rely on the fact that it's Charlie Kaufman who says it... 

May 8, 2014 9:33 am  #133

I mean spoilers in the sense of telling how the script works and quoting some scenes. I think we all basically know what happens in the film. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 8, 2014 9:41 am  #134

I'm going to read it later. I am tempted to get as much information as I can get.

(Tony Hadley)

May 8, 2014 10:15 am  #135

Okay, so Susi kind of made me read it after all (thanks for that, Susi! ), and all I can say is: I want to see this movie right now...!! It really sounds fantastic... and there are several things I'm especially looking forward to now, first and foremost the voice-over. Can't wait to see and hear if it really works as brilliantly as is said in the review... because in my opinion voice-overs very often are just dull and don't work very well.

May 8, 2014 10:33 am  #136

Also read it now and agree to Solar in all points.
Regarding the mentioned dialogues I am convinced Benedict is going to do a brilliant job again. And I see some analogies with another character Benedict played already.

(Tony Hadley)

May 8, 2014 10:56 am  #137

This review truly truly excites me.

When you have a script apparently as good as this, with actors like Benedict, Mark Strong et al delivering the lines, it has to be spectacular.

This quote though;

"I love The Imitation Game for crushing my spirit. It made me more vigilant of humanity’s greatest flaw:

Intolerance of Difference."

I have a feeling a LOT of Kleenex will be needed. And something to calm down my anger too!

I'm clueing for looks

May 8, 2014 10:57 am  #138

gently69 wrote:

Also read it now and agree to Solar in all points.
Regarding the mentioned dialogues I am convinced Benedict is going to do a brilliant job again. And I see some analogies with another character Benedict played already.

Really? I had the same idea. 

May 8, 2014 11:01 am  #139

I was reminded of that other character, too
But also, Turing is the kind of tragic but flawed character that Benedict played so well in Third Star...you know? He'll play him with honesty and lack of vanity, which makes him all the more real, and his treatment all the more appalling.

Last edited by Tinks (May 8, 2014 11:03 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 8, 2014 11:03 am  #140

I think when it comes to the arrogance, there could also be a bit of Assange... but I'm sure Benedict will only give us one person, and that's Alan.

Board footera