BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2015 5:10 pm  #1261

Re: The Imitation Game

Tbh, I am not really surprised. Only two weeks to go and there is next to nothing in German media as far as I can see. Today I read German news about award nominations by the Producers Guild of America and they did not mention the film at all, just "Boyhood" and "Birdman", although TIG is nominated as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2015 5:17 pm  #1262

Okay that is really weird :S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 5:20 pm  #1263

This is bizarre!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 5:30 pm  #1264

So I checked a bit and at least found this detailed and overall positive review:

http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/43/43637/1.html

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2015 5:39 pm  #1265

Pleased to hear it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 5:43 pm  #1266

Yes. I hope there will be more but somehow German media have not realised yet how big he has become. 

January 7, 2015 5:59 pm  #1267

At least Denmark seems to have woken up a bit about him... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 9:33 pm  #1268

Yay, only one week till Imitation Game will be in Poland. Can't wait

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

January 7, 2015 9:35 pm  #1269

There's an interesing "featurette" of Morten Tyldum on directing "The Imitation Game":

Last edited by REReader (January 7, 2015 9:35 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 9, 2015 9:22 am  #1270

January 9, 2015 9:25 am  #1271

That has to be good! Please!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2015 12:50 pm  #1272

In case anyone doesn't know we've less than a week till the Oscar nominations are announced!

Next Thursday, January 15th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2015 1:15 pm  #1273

Now I am getting very excited.

January 9, 2015 1:32 pm  #1274

Me too, me too! Can't wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2015 5:08 pm  #1275

Let's hope for more good news.

January 9, 2015 5:44 pm  #1276

Let's hope the Academy will not be as stupid as the BAFTAs and give a nomination to Morten Tyldum, too. To ignore him is freakin' absurd.
Same thing goes for the score...

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 9, 2015 5:46 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 10, 2015 5:27 am  #1277

Yay, I´ve got tickets for the original version on the 21st.. can´t wait! 

Last edited by Zatoichi (January 10, 2015 5:31 am)

January 11, 2015 10:04 am  #1278

I went alredy to see it twice in Rome (original version - Italians usually are not very keen on them) the theatre was packed and you can tell the people loved it. The audience was mixed, many middle-aged and older people, but also some couples, young boys and relatively few young girls, obviously B. fans

January 11, 2015 5:25 pm  #1279

Yes, I think the audience generally seems to love the film. I went to Maastricht yesterday with two lovely ladies from our forum, we saw the film twice. The evening presentation was sold out and the audience was exceptionally quiet and concentrated. Same goes for the afternoon presentation, except that it wasn't sold out but still well-attended. And also a very mixed audience.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 13, 2015 11:50 am  #1280

After the disappointment at the GG there are still some awards ceremonies to come. Here is an overview:

15/1 - Critics Choice Awards (6 nominations)
25/1 - Screen Actors Guilds Awards (3 nominations)
8/2 - BAFTAs (9 nominations)
22/2 - Oscars (nominations to be announced on 15/1)

Board footera