BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2013 6:16 am  #61

Re: The Imitation Game

Very nice!  Mm… ha, yes, braces of course….     Just came across the uncropped version, myself!

(and very nice hearing about that recent newsbit, too….)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 26, 2013 12:16 pm  #62

It's going to be brilliant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 26, 2013 12:22 pm  #63

Wow, Benedict gets good roles doesn't he? Assange and now Turing. Turing was such an amazing character, a true genious with a big role in the war. The Turing test for artificial intelligence is still relevant today. But what happened to him was so tragic and so unfair. 

December 26, 2013 12:42 pm  #64

And let's not forget Ben has also played Van Gogh and Hawking.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 26, 2013 4:22 pm  #65

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2014 8:15 am  #66

I love this quote from a new USA Today interview:

"His expresses displeasure only when an interviewer mentions that the late Turing received a royal pardon recently for 1950s criminal charges of gross indecency related to homosexuality. “The only person that should be pardoning anybody is him. Hopefully, the film will bring to the fore what an extraordinary human being he was and how appalling (his treatment was). It’s a really shameful, disgraceful part of our history,” he says of his Imitation Game character."

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2014 12:26 pm  #67

Yes, that comment really stood out.  I really look forward to BC's performance in this.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 8, 2014 7:39 am  #68

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/berlin-record-deal-harvey-weinstein-pays-7-million-for-alan-turing-wwii-tale-the-imitation-game/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oh, I am so excited about it! "Blown away" by the preliminary footage? I truly hate Weinstein and the way they transformed campaining for Oscar into a kind of circus, but I guess I could forgive them if it was Benedict to win an Oscar next year. and of course Turing deserves to be finally recognized for what he did!

February 8, 2014 9:13 am  #69

I just read that, too, and it sounds really great! Now it's even more difficult to wait for the film to finally be released, don't you think?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 8, 2014 11:36 am  #70

I am so excited for the film. And I hope we do not have to wait until spring next year here in Germany. 

February 8, 2014 12:03 pm  #71

That I hope too. Waiting until spring next year... gosh! 8-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 8, 2014 1:42 pm  #72

Can't wait to see this film and how wonderful if he was to get an Oscar nomination for it

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 20, 2014 2:52 pm  #73

February 20, 2014 3:08 pm  #74

Sounds great! Can they please announce an air date now...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 20, 2014 3:10 pm  #75

That would be really nice. And a German air date, too, preferably at the same time as UK and US and NOT four or six months later. 

February 20, 2014 3:18 pm  #76

I really really really want to see this.
But at the same time I don't mind waiting a bit if they're holding it back for a while so it's not forgotten when the next Oscar nominations are announced

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 20, 2014 3:25 pm  #77

Sounds better and better! Very much looking forward to this. 

February 20, 2014 3:41 pm  #78

Now that the film has a distributor they should be able to come up with a release date soon. Even if we'd have to wait until late autumn... it would be nice to finally know!

March 20, 2014 5:28 pm  #79

Turing in the news today.

Alan Turing's 'Morphogenesis' Theory Confirmed 60 Years After His Death
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/20/alan-turing-morphogenesis-confirmed_n_4986583.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices&ir=Gay%20Voices

Last edited by tonnaree (March 20, 2014 5:29 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 20, 2014 7:41 pm  #80

Thanks, tonnaree. It is brilliant to see how much ahead of his time he was. I do not pretend to understand all he did but I am doing my best. 

Board footera