BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2014 6:13 pm  #681

Re: The Imitation Game

Ths is what is being said on Twitter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 9, 2014 6:31 pm  #682

That picture says it all!

Grrr!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 9, 2014 7:12 pm  #683

SolarSystem wrote:

It's quite possible that this pic was taken the moment that stupid question was asked...

Ben C. is 100% done with your crap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 9, 2014 8:13 pm  #684

Whoa.. 

September 10, 2014 6:03 am  #685

Okay, so it's not just journalists who are giving him a hard time in Toronto...
http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/toronto-woman-asks-to-taste-cumberbatch.html

I'm actually pretty glad he's already on his way back to London now to do "Richard III".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 10, 2014 6:07 am  #686

Yes, much stupid in the world and not all are paid journalists!
Some women are an embarrassment to the sisterhood.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 10, 2014 6:30 am  #687

SolarSystem wrote:

I'm actually pretty glad he's already on his way back to London now to do "Richard III".

That's really embarrasing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 10, 2014 7:00 am  #688

Wow, I´m speechless.. asking stupid questions is one thing (annoying enough), but embarrassing the person you claim to be a fan of in public is.. wow. I have no words for this..
(And that´s what people remember when they read about Cumberbatch-fans..)

September 10, 2014 7:12 am  #689

Zatoichi wrote:

(And that´s what people remember when they read about Cumberbatch-fans..)

Exactly. That implies that we are stupid and that "Cumberbitches" totally fits as a name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

September 10, 2014 7:32 am  #690

He and the team do not deserve this idiocy. They made a serious, important film and are confronted with such questions from journalists and "fans" alike. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 10, 2014 7:34 am  #691

Thinking about becoming a journalist. "I" would prepare myself.

(Tony Hadley)

September 10, 2014 8:17 am  #692

SusiGo wrote:

The questions get dumber and dumber. A BBC journalist at the TIFF press conference: "Why did you not cast a gay actor?" Morten Tyldum was nearly speechless. And Benedict's face … well. 

She made it even worse by saying one would not cast Brad Pitt to play Nelson Mandela. How do such people get a job with the BBC?

I think that the appropriate answer would be "why doesn´t your employer employ reporters with brains"?

But I guess, a lobotomy is a requierement in this job nowadays.

And I thought the newspapers in Slovakia are atrocious. But they are like the beacons of journalism when I compare them to the newspapers in English speaking countries - it seems that those reached such a low level nowadays that the bottom of Mariana Trench looks like a Himalaya peak in comparison.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 10, 2014 8:19 am  #693

SolarSystem wrote:

DEADED!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 10, 2014 12:41 pm  #694

nakahara wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

DEADED!

I watched a clip of the woman asking that question and cringed so hard I sprained something.

Unbelievable.  If I knew there was going to be even a small chance of getting to ask Benedict a question I would prepare in advance and try to come up with something different and intelligant.
As a fan or a journalist.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 10, 2014 1:05 pm  #695

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that fangirl thought she was asking something different and intelligent. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 10, 2014 1:08 pm  #696

Different ... yes ... intelligent ... nope.

(Tony Hadley)

September 10, 2014 2:49 pm  #697

*Facepalms*

Well, hell yeah I would like to taste his yumminess... but honestly??? I do like how he answered it though!

Some respect? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 10, 2014 4:08 pm  #698

I think it's awful the way some so-called fans show Benedict no repect whatsoever.

September 10, 2014 5:19 pm  #699

I've had the great pleasure of meeting a couple of my celebrity idols.  It's not that hard to be nice and treat them like a human being.  Which, by the way, they are.

Benedict is an amazing actor.  I would be interested in following his career even if I didn't have a massive crush on him.  Of course I also admire his brains and his sense of humor and his generous nature.  However, none of that means he owes me anything.  He doesn't have to stop and sign autographs and take pictures.  The fact that he does is a sign of his kindness and means that he appreciates our support.  He has a great passion about his work and enjoys talking about it and we enjoy listening.  But for god's sake, treat him as you'd like to be treated.  He can still be embarassed, get angry and frustrated. 

His career is only going to get bigger from here.  Do idiots like that woman really want to drive him to the point where he avoids his fans?

*deep breathe*
/end rant/

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 10, 2014 5:24 pm  #700

Well said, tonnaree. I had really hoped that with this film it might be different but it seems - also regarding some of the "serious" press questions - worse than ever. Why do people not respect him as an actor? He is no cheap pin-up. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera