BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2014 12:01 pm  #661

Re: The Imitation Game

Well, make no mistake, people who interview actors (or other celebrities for that matter) don't necessarily have to be intelligent. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 9, 2014 1:45 pm  #662

"Gee Benedict, how are we suppose to understand that this character is gay if you're not having any hot man-sex in the movie."

How can he not just slap people sometimes?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 9, 2014 1:46 pm  #663

Yes, he must be screaming inwardly. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 9, 2014 1:50 pm  #664

Obviously, some people need the thing being literally rubbed into their faces to finally get it.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 9, 2014 1:54 pm  #665

I think this was his well-mannered gentlemanly version of a very rude answer. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 9, 2014 2:10 pm  #666

*shakes her head* Unbelievable. I really wonder how some interviewer prepare for their work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 9, 2014 2:24 pm  #667

Another lovely interview (I try no think about him not being able to stop sobbing during a scene):

http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/97056794416/forscene-the-imitation-game-benedict-cumberbatch

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 9, 2014 3:14 pm  #668

Gah that question really annoyed me!

But I love how he handles things like that, it's something to admire really!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 9, 2014 3:28 pm  #669

SusiGo wrote:

Another lovely interview (I try no think about him not being able to stop sobbing during a scene):

http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/97056794416/forscene-the-imitation-game-benedict-cumberbatch

I repeat, Ladies, we are doomed.

It's a good thing hubby is use to me bursting into tears at films and television shows.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 9, 2014 3:35 pm  #670

But doomed in a very good way...

September 9, 2014 4:33 pm  #671

If he cries I definitely will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 9, 2014 4:46 pm  #672

The questions get dumber and dumber. A BBC journalist at the TIFF press conference: "Why did you not cast a gay actor?" Morten Tyldum was nearly speechless. And Benedict's face … well. 

She made it even worse by saying one would not cast Brad Pitt to play Nelson Mandela. How do such people get a job with the BBC?

Last edited by SusiGo (September 9, 2014 4:50 pm)

September 9, 2014 4:53 pm  #673

Yes, Susi, I couldn't believe my ears just now... how stupid is that?! Morten shouldn't have answered that question at all because it's just total nonsense.

But here is a cute little moment from the press conference:

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 9, 2014 4:54 pm)

September 9, 2014 4:54 pm  #674

I was fuming when she asked that... I mean... OMG!

I worry for humanity... sorry. but WTF! 

The answers were brilliant though! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 9, 2014 4:54 pm  #675

And did you see how red Benedict's face was? I think he was really fed up with this stuff. 

September 9, 2014 4:56 pm  #676

Seriously, I'd feel so stupid asking such a question...! Why can't people think?!

September 9, 2014 5:01 pm  #677

I have a feeling he is going to blow up soon... all those stupid, stupid gay questions!!

I live in a country where most people don't bat a eyelid if a kid has two parents of the same sex... and gosh am I glad! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 9, 2014 5:28 pm  #678

SusiGo wrote:

The questions get dumber and dumber. A BBC journalist at the TIFF press conference: "Why did you not cast a gay actor?" Morten Tyldum was nearly speechless. And Benedict's face … well. 

She made it even worse by saying one would not cast Brad Pitt to play Nelson Mandela. How do such people get a job with the BBC?

REALLY?!   How do you even form an intelligent response to something like that?

And if Ben were to get angry and respond to these people like the idiots they are the press would just start to label him a hothead.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 9, 2014 5:51 pm  #679

Yes, he has to play it carefully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 9, 2014 6:08 pm  #680

It's quite possible that this pic was taken the moment that stupid question was asked...

Board footera