BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2014 5:00 pm  #321

Re: The Imitation Game

It's interesting, because just yesterday I read somewhere (also on twitter, I think) that Alexandre Desplat has taken over to do the soundtrack for TIG... which is weird, because the music should be finished by now, right? Or was this old news?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 18, 2014 5:15 pm  #322

I read about this one or two weeks ago.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 18, 2014 5:23 pm  #323

But even one or two weeks ago would mean that he'd still have to be right in the middle of it... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 18, 2014 6:43 pm  #324

Might have been longer. But they would not show the film without the music, that is true. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 18, 2014 6:49 pm  #325

Yeah, and sometimes you just read crap on the internet. We'll see (and hear).

June 18, 2014 6:51 pm  #326

I had a look. The information seems to be quite recent. So maybe the screening was a hoax after all. We will get a trailer and we will get a film, that is for sure. 

June 18, 2014 6:57 pm  #327

Yes. Interesting still... I'd say it really is about time to get the music done. But I'm quite excited about Desplat composing the score... he's done some beautiful film music in the past.

June 18, 2014 7:07 pm  #328

SolarSystem wrote:

It's interesting, because just yesterday I read somewhere (also on twitter, I think) that Alexandre Desplat has taken over to do the soundtrack for TIG... which is weird, because the music should be finished by now, right? Or was this old news?

I've read about this today, on the polish website which is trustworthy and my surprise was quite big, I thought that things like that are already finished. I'm not worry though,  they know their job. And exactly Susi, there will be a trailer and eventually there will be a film and only that matters 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 19, 2014 10:19 am  #329

June 19, 2014 10:25 am  #330

Oh, I can´t wait to see this!!!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 19, 2014 10:32 am  #331

"and there is this intense/emotional/heavy dramatic scene towards the end that’s his total Oscar"

Oh my... tissues ready, right? 

June 19, 2014 10:36 am  #332

This. Is. Amazing. 

June 19, 2014 10:37 am  #333

That's sooo promising. Even a nomination for the Oscars would put  butterflies into my stomach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 19, 2014 10:46 am  #334

I really can´t wait to see this movie, I´m such a history buff, especially the 20th century, but I have to admit I´d never heard of Alan Turing before. His story is such a tragic one, it will be hard for me to watch the movie and know that it had really happened, but I think Benedict will be phenonmenal in this role.

June 19, 2014 10:52 am  #335

Sounds very exciting!
I daren't hope he'll get an Oscar - but a nomination would be incredible.
Hopefully there'll be a trailer soon.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 19, 2014 11:03 am  #336

Well, Oscar or not, nomination or not, I'm absolutely convinced his performance will blow us all away.
I'm ready for something big, for a punch in the gut, for tragedy and drama and tears. 

June 19, 2014 11:05 am  #337

Yes, just yes. 

June 19, 2014 11:09 am  #338

Gosh, Solar, you've almost got me in tears already...!
This could be his big one. And he so deserves it with his talent.
And Alan Turing deserved to have his story told.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 19, 2014 11:10 am  #339

And imagine experiencing this with other members of the CumberCollective... 

June 19, 2014 11:14 am  #340

Just take my money now Mr. Weinstein.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera