BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2013 2:29 am  #1

the mystery not sherlock person

so after scutinizing each and every clip of the final episode I have found that there are so many loose ends that there are many possiblities to where each one fits in the grand scheme of things. 
However, to me the thing that stood out the most was the clip where "sherlock" was being taken to the hospital. After speading some time trying to pause at the exact moment i wanted to see, i realiazed that the guy being taken into the hopital was not sherlock. he looked kinda like joseph gordon-levitt, but was definatively not sherlock. After reviewing the episode to find a person that kinda looked like joseph gordon-levitt, I found this person at the end, right after sherlock fell coming next to him with his hand suspiciously in his chest pocket, as some other person's reichenbach ideas mentioned. Now that same guy was seen taking the bed to the hospital, but his back was turned. it's hard to say whether anything of substance could happen withing that short amount of time, but it is quite suspisious about the not sherlock person. If anyone's ideas coincide with mine, please let me know.
Can't wait till season 3!!   

---------------------------------------------------------------

"'Genius Detective Proved to be a Fraud' I read it in the paper, so it must be true. I love newspapers. Fairytales... and pretty Grimm ones too." - Jim Moriarty x

February 4, 2013 9:24 am  #2

Re: the mystery not sherlock person

If I remember right I read about this "not Sherlock" months ago somewhere else.
It was said that it's nothing of relevance, as this guy seems to be only a "stuntman", lying on the bed instead of Benedict.
Also Mofftiss explained that the solution is to find while just watching the episode in normal speed, so no stills or slow motions are needed to find out what actually happend.

So this is well observed but probably not the solution. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 5, 2013 5:22 am  #3

oh okay, thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------

"'Genius Detective Proved to be a Fraud' I read it in the paper, so it must be true. I love newspapers. Fairytales... and pretty Grimm ones too." - Jim Moriarty x

February 18, 2013 11:16 pm  #4

It could just be a continuation error. Which I guess they would have to be aware of. Any errors just add to the complexity of the theories once people start to break it down!
Maybe Benedict couldn't film that shot for one reason or another and they used a stunt double.
Here's a production photo of non-Benedict-Sherlock.

So could this be the guy on the stretcher? Just an accidental shot of the stunt double? I can't find a picture of the stretcher shot to compare.
It's Sherlock that gets lifted onto the stretcher how are they meant to swap him out under the watch of everyone but mainly while John is right there? The survival had to happen while John was on the other side of the ambulance building, out of the line of sight.

================================================================

March 8, 2013 8:39 am  #5

Why would Sherlock swap places with this other dude anyway?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

March 14, 2013 7:58 pm  #6

I think that Sherlock was replaced with a body prepared by Molly after he was taken by those paramedics. (and then that fake dead Sherlock was taken to the hospital instead of the real Sherlock)

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

March 25, 2013 8:38 am  #7

There are many loose lends, and so there are many possibilities. But only one possibility will tie those loose ends together

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

Board footera