BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2013 4:13 pm  #121

Re: Fanfics from forum members

SusiGo wrote:

And I was always so excited when a new chapter was posted. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 26, 2013 4:20 pm  #122

I think I have 40% so far. And I read it in every little break I have. Which is dangerous because each time I have problems to come back into reality.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 26, 2013 4:32 pm  #123

Mattlocked wrote:

I think I have 40% so far. And I read it in every little break I have. Which is dangerous because each time I have problems to come back into reality.

Okay, please don't read it right before driving somewhere or operating heavy machinery then. I don't want to be the cause of "death by fanfic".

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 26, 2013 6:29 pm  #124

Mattlocked wrote:

I have read the sofa scene today and felt soo fluffy afterwards. Nice work!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 26, 2013 7:07 pm  #125

Schmiezi wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

I have read the sofa scene today and felt soo fluffy afterwards. Nice work!

Thanks! That was chapter nine, was it? More fluff to come...

December 5, 2013 6:38 pm  #126

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 15, 2013 12:46 am  #127

Heya :-)

I published my very first fanfic now! It is the second fanfic that I wrote (the first one being part of the Secret Santa here). It is rather short (less than 600 words) and I would love know what you think! (I am also a bit nervous right now :D).

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1083067

EDIT: I just added it to Fanfiction.net, just in case some people prefer this platform: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9932730/1/I-fell-for-you

Last edited by Marva (December 17, 2013 9:59 am)

The Game is On!

December 15, 2013 3:32 am  #128

Awww, Marva.  Don't be nervous. I very much enjoyed it.  It was very sweet and lovely. I like that you turn the tables on Sherlock so that he gets a taste of his own medicine.  I'm thinking how you could even flesh the story out  if you wanted to add to it.  You could show some of those awkward moments after Sherlock's return when he is insensitive and clueless about what his actions have done to John - until he has his epiphany through the dream.  This isn't a criticism because the story is lovely just as it is - I guess I liked it so much I wanted to read more!  .  Oh yes, the ending! I always love it when they end up like that! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 15, 2013 4:17 am  #129

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 15, 2013 10:17 am  #130

A few hours later, the first rays of sunlight blaze a trail through John’s carelessly closed blinds and tickle him awake. He lies on his back. Wrapped around him lies Sherlock, his face hidden in John’s neck.
“John” he murmurs “I fell for you.”
The sun beams from John’s face now.

Lovely, Marva, just lovely! I totally agree with KP, what a lovely, sweet fic - the perfect way to start the day. I especially loved those last sentences I quoted above, endings like this just send pleasent shivers down my spine. And maybe it was not even your intention, but I very much like the double meaning of Sherlock's "I fell for you".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 15, 2013 10:44 am  #131

Good work, Marva. I've left kudos and a comment on AO3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 15, 2013 11:31 am  #132

I am so glad that you guys like it! And yes, Solar, the double-entendre was very much intended .

The Game is On!

December 15, 2013 2:37 pm  #133

Have thought about putting my various fics up here and finally it seems I have got around to it.

Nine Months. First fic I ever wrote. Was supposed to be short, ended up nine chapter long. The story of my writing career really. Unbetaed and will remain so, though I have weeded out the worst spelling and grammatical errors. (What can I say, my English skills were deplorable. I'm glad I didn't realise how bad the were, or I would never have dared write anything else.) Warning: Mild sex scene and graphic description of violence.

The Missing Masterpiece (Episode 1 in the Alternate series 3) I started to write this at a time where we did not yet know when we would see series 3, though I had the feeling that I wouldn't get to finish all three "episodes" before then. Mostly because I had my heart set on three novel length detective stories. I was right. I finished this one, but "episode" 2 is still a WIP. Warning: Sex and drug use.

The Scarlet Women (Episode 2 in the Alternate Series 3. Currently a WIP) A continuation of the series, but darker than episode 1. Warning: Sex, drug use, reference to child abuse - sexual and otherwise, suicidal ideations. Well, I did say it was darker.

The Adventure of the Missing Reindeer. A crack fic written for a Christmas contest that never took off. No warnings, unless yuo find talking reindeer, general silliness and a near kiss problematic.

Sentiment - A duet for clarinet and violin. Written for the third prize winner in a Christmas contest that did happen. The winner wanted Sherlock and John playing a duet on clarinet and violin. This happened. Only warning is for a copious amount of fluff and a bit of angst.

Christmas in Hell. Written for "Let's Write Sherlock, Challenge 3". Not really a seasonal fic, despite the title. Warning: Graphic description of drug use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 16, 2013 5:59 pm  #134

Ormond Sacker, I peeked into some of your fics and liked your writing style :-). Might read more later!

The Game is On!

December 20, 2013 2:55 am  #135

The first two chapters of my 'new' fic are up on AO3 now. Would love to know what you guys think of it (it's an extension of the short one-shot I wrote; chapter 1 is a revised version of that story)

My Light, Your Shadow
In the wake of Sherlock's death, John tries to reconcile his grief and move on with his life. It's not easy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 20, 2013 7:14 am  #136

Wholocked wrote:

The first two chapters of my 'new' fic are up on AO3 now. Would love to know what you guys think of it (it's an extension of the short one-shot I wrote; chapter 1 is a revised version of that story)

My Light, Your Shadow
In the wake of Sherlock's death, John tries to reconcile his grief and move on with his life. It's not easy.

You already know what I think about it, Wholocked.

Everybody else: It's lovely and sad. Go read it!

December 20, 2013 12:14 pm  #137

Well written, Wholocked!  It 'reads' beautifully.  I could really feel John's pain. Poor John so alone again.  It makes me shiver in anticipation for the moment when Sherlock reveals himself to him.  Don't know if that is where your story will go, but it's a nice build-up for the new series.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 20, 2013 2:08 pm  #138

Marva wrote:

Ormond Sacker, I peeked into some of your fics and liked your writing style :-). Might read more later!

Thanks, hope you do.
The Secret Santa challenge have got me back to writing, so The Scarlet Women should start seeing updates again soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 23, 2013 12:02 am  #139

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 23, 2013 11:18 am  #140

Wholocked wrote:

Chapter 3 is up 

Just read all 3 chapters. Wondefull written, very intense feelings. I like the scenes between John and Harry and that Sherlocks 'death' brings them together. I'm looking forward to the next chapters. Kudos!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera