BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2013 7:26 am  #101

Re: Fanfics from forum members

I totally have loved that fic. I've been reading it as you've posted it and I've absolutely loving it! I haven't read the epilogue yet but I will be soon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 22, 2013 7:35 am  #102

I have been eagerly waiting for every new chapter. So I hope there will be something new soon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 22, 2013 12:32 pm  #103

Kerkerian wrote:

Wow, you guys- I just finished "Hazard Control", my longest fanfic so far. I've posted the first chapter in October last year and the story now has 21 chapters plus an epilogue and consists of nearly 100.000 words. I'm a little overwhelmed, in fact, couldn't sleep last night, because it feels like goodbye. I hadn't anticipated such a strong emotional reaction, but the story's been with me for this last year, and now it's done and I'm already missing it.

Sigh. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Can you link to it please Kerkeian?  I'd love to take a look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 22, 2013 2:44 pm  #104

Thank you so much, Wholocked and Susi! It's very likely I will write a sequel. Or five. I really am addicted to this story.

tonnaree and Be: it's indeed the one Be found. The formatting on AO3 is a little strange sometimes, and I only managed to use proper apostrophs from chapter ten or so, but please don't let that stop you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 22, 2013 3:04 pm  #105

That is good news, Kerkerian. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 22, 2013 3:40 pm  #106

If anyone is interested:
 Dead Ringers & Cold Corpses: A horse-racing AU that takes place between the UK and the US in the mid-1980s. Johnlock and Mystrade.

Also, here is a series I've started called The Woman's Tales
http://archiveofourown.org/series/61047

(No Sherlock x Irene)

I do have another AU cooking up in the back of my brain, but I will not start it until after NaNo :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

November 22, 2013 3:48 pm  #107

SusiGo wrote:

That is good news, Kerkerian. 

Well, it is addictive...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 22, 2013 4:45 pm  #108

Be wrote:

It's probably this one:
Hazard Control in ao3:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/633084/chapters/1145445
Have just downloaded it to read over the weekend.

Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 22, 2013 5:49 pm  #109

Kerkerian wrote:

Wow, you guys- I just finished "Hazard Control", my longest fanfic so far. I've posted the first chapter in October last year and the story now has 21 chapters plus an epilogue and consists of nearly 100.000 words. I'm a little overwhelmed, in fact, couldn't sleep last night, because it feels like goodbye. I hadn't anticipated such a strong emotional reaction, but the story's been with me for this last year, and now it's done and I'm already missing it.

Congratulation! I've been reading the story for a while now and enjoyed it very much. I especially liked the way Sherlocks and Johns relationship build up. It was not a hasty becoming a couple but a slow and gentle developement. Great!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 22, 2013 6:31 pm  #110

stoertebeker wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

Congratulation! I've been reading the story for a while now and enjoyed it very much. I especially liked the way Sherlocks and Johns relationship build up. It was not a hasty becoming a couple but a slow and gentle developement. Great!!

Thank you very much!

November 23, 2013 8:10 am  #111

Oh, it's finally finished! Great timing, Kerkerian. Not only have I been waiting for it for a rather long time, I also wondered what to read next just yesterday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 23, 2013 8:55 am  #112

Schmiezi wrote:

Oh, it's finally finished! Great timing, Kerkerian. Not only have I been waiting for it for a rather long time, I also wondered what to read next just yesterday!

Lucky you then!

It's quite a lot to read too, it will keep you occupied for a while...

November 23, 2013 8:57 am  #113

YAY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 23, 2013 9:03 am  #114

Great! I "ran out of fanfiction" just this morning, so I'll give it a go. *loading Hazard Control*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 23, 2013 11:36 am  #115

Mattlocked wrote:

Great! I "ran out of fanfiction" just this morning, so I'll give it a go. *loading Hazard Control*

Enjoy!

November 24, 2013 7:36 pm  #116

I've uploaded my work to AO3 ^_^

Just go to People search and type in ennisjackgal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 25, 2013 5:37 am  #117

Kerkerian wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Enjoy!

I'm deeply into it now and I must say I really love it. Very emotional, and still in character, IMO.

November 25, 2013 7:39 pm  #118

Schmiezi wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Enjoy!

I'm deeply into it now and I must say I really love it. Very emotional, and still in character, IMO.

Thank you, that's very good to hear!

November 26, 2013 2:52 pm  #119

Be wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

Thank you, that's very good to hear!

Read it over the weekend. It is emotional and very sweet. I was in the mood to read something where I could relax and enjoy it.
You can feel that the author loves Sherlock and John.  

The author says thanks. And yes, she dearly loves those two.

November 26, 2013 3:09 pm  #120

And I was always so excited when a new chapter was posted. 

Board footera