BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2013 6:07 pm  #41

Re: Fanfics from forum members

Staff means you can also add stories. I'll have to send you an invitation to be staff, I think, but that can be done easily.
As for follow, yeah, that's how it should be, but I'm not entirely sure. Like I've written, I have stumbled over this whole community thingies because Soldiering on suddenly was part of one. Don't really know when that happend, but was flattered anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 3, 2013 9:50 am  #42

Update: Added saturnR's fic as well!

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 3, 2013 11:33 am  #43

Thanks for doing that. Really appreciate it.

April 3, 2013 1:19 pm  #44

Update: Added crazybbcamerican's fic.
Thanks to the author for creating an account on fanfiction.net just so I could include the story!

April 4, 2013 3:59 pm  #45

Heh heh. Started a new one last night!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9169388/1/Flight-Suits-and-Funnel-Cakes
(though I am seriously hating the title thus far...)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 4, 2013 4:01 pm  #46

Well done! I have already added it to the community, but haven't had time to read it yet. Will do so and leave a comment later!

April 4, 2013 5:01 pm  #47

Thanks, Schmiezi, I really appreciate it!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 6, 2013 9:06 pm  #48

I've just included the first fanfic by Sky Holt:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8947383/1/Hunting-the-Disappeared

With Sherlock gone, John Watson has decided to use the second-best consulting detective to find him. And who else but Irish child genius Artemis Fowl would fit the bill?
Rated: Fiction T -

Enjoy!

Last edited by Schmiezi (April 6, 2013 9:06 pm)

April 9, 2013 4:34 am  #49

Update: Included Alice I's story as well.

Keep them coming!

April 9, 2013 6:56 am  #50

Thanks Schmiezi.

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

April 9, 2013 2:34 pm  #51

You're welcome.

BTW, update: Susi Go has included the community link to the initial comment of this thread. This way new readers can find it easily. Thanks!

I have set up author alerts for all those included so far. Means: When you'll post a new story I'll be notified. I'll add it to the community right away. Feel free to leave a comment here as well to promote it a bit.

April 9, 2013 7:28 pm  #52

I have been reading a lot of Sherlock fan fic lately and just finished one that I found to be brilliant. A bit melodramatic, but then again the Holmes boys are very melodramatic underneath their very controlled exteriors. (ie: arch-enemies, and government kidnappings) In any case I do not know if this author is a member here or not but the fic is well worth a read. The author's pen name is: Amaya Ramiel and the fic is called Crushing Fears. A link to this fic is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8178939/1/Crushing-Fears

I hope it is okay to post this here. I don't mean any disrespect if this gal isn't a member, but I am certian that members here would enjoy this fic.

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

April 9, 2013 7:33 pm  #53

Thanks for the rec, Alice. It's no problem to recommend fics from non-members (there are brilliant writers I'd love to meet here) but there are separate threads for those, one for Johnlock and one for non-Johnlock fics. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 12, 2013 3:29 pm  #54

And here you can find my stories (both Johnlock and platonic stories) about my favourite couple ever...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerkerianhorizon

Cheers! =)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

April 30, 2013 8:07 pm  #55

The short story I promised yesterday:
The Yard called
Sherlock and John as old men. Rating: General. Warning: sad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 30, 2013 8:14 pm  #56

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

The Yard called

Very sad, and touching. Already added it to our community. It's lovely!

April 30, 2013 8:17 pm  #57

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

The Yard called

Sad for John... touching...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 30, 2013 9:13 pm  #58

Yes, sad - but that's life...
Beautifully observed and well written!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 30, 2013 9:16 pm  #59

Quiet and moving story. I like it very much. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 30, 2013 9:25 pm  #60

Thanks for reading and reviewing.
What I found a bit creepy about the story is that after writing it I discovered this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottingley_Fairies , which looks almost as if I had referred to that on purpose. Strange coincidence.

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (April 30, 2013 9:25 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

Board footera