BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2016 11:22 pm  #521

Re: Fanfics from forum members

So... I went on a writing spree... and here it is. 

'Just Say Yes' chapter one; 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7753291/chapters/17678932 

Thinking she found her way out of an abusive relation the woman finds herself growing dependent on the man she met at the bar that night...
That man who seems all too perfect.

What she doesn't know is that she is nothing but a case to him.Sherlock Holmes soon finds himself in an emotional dilemma... 

Remember to take my tags as warnings. This is a bit of a dark one; watch out for chapter 6 so far. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (September 15, 2016 4:39 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 15, 2016 8:57 pm  #522

So. Chapter 12 of Hindrance is up.
I didn't have much time to write because of family but everything I did write while they were here is up. Except the first sentence of the next chapter - for which I still have to find a title. I so hate finding titles.
I should clarify though. I did my best not to write when they were in the same room or awake or when we were just spending time together. I'm told that it's a bit rude. And anyway I can't concentrate enough with people talking around me.

So, yeah. Chapter 12's up, and chapter 13 should be done by tomorrow night.I will finish this. It's been too long since I started it. I hope that those of you who are reading are enjoying it 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 15, 2016 9:49 pm  #523

I am. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 15, 2016 9:50 pm  #524

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 16, 2016 8:33 pm  #525

Well... *looks down at her toes*... I never wanted to post my fic in this thread, because it felt... too much for this thread and this audience. Not your cup of tea, better put.

But seeing as other members have also written fics that are a wee bit... edgy, and dared to post it here, I thought I couldn't be any less. So here it is - my first Johnlock fic and my first fanfic written in eight years (I wrote and posted this about a year before the MidYear Fic Challenge on this board):

Lose to Win

Summary: Sherlock can't see what the big fuss is about when it comes to BDSM. John accepts the challenge.

Heed the tags, this isn't for everyone. 

I'm planning a trilogy for this. One more fic for Bottom!Lock, and the last one where they switch roles - which might not be as easy as John thinks. The two last fics will focus less on BDSM and more on intimacy, love and control issues. 

(Also, I'm painfully aware of some errors and bad parts that I itch to improve, but I won't. I'll leave it as is, and rather see my - hopeful - improvements as a writer for the next two installments).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 17, 2016 4:32 am  #526

I have already read it and can strongly reccommend it. And kudos to Vhanja for posting it here. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 17, 2016 6:08 am  #527

Thank you very much, Schmiezi! :-D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

August 17, 2016 12:14 pm  #528

Dear Vhanja, as I said to Phantom, I won't read another fic till mine is complete, but fear not, I will read it.
And as Schmiezi said, kudos and congratulations for sharing the link (and the work!) with us, I can imagine such a theme can make you feel like it's a bit not good and won't be accepted; and daring to share it might seem like a challenge. But as long as you warn your readers (which I think I should do more), everything's fine.

August 17, 2016 12:57 pm  #529

I've bookmarked it, Vhanja, it looks great! I'll read it when my head is a bit more with me! As I will with the rest of yours, Lily!

I'd say never be afraid to share a story, as long as there's a warning it's up to people to read it or not I'd say! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 17, 2016 8:25 pm  #530

Thanks for your kind and supporting words, guys. :D

And, yes, I will start reading fics again myself after I got the two of my own out of my head. Will have a look through this thread as well, then. 

Team Hudders!

August 17, 2016 8:29 pm  #531

You're welcome dear.

And quite right, too. We're all geniuses and talented writers here, didn't you know? *arrogant mode: on*

August 18, 2016 1:47 pm  #532

Chapter XIII of Hindrance is up. While it is not intended as the last chapter, it fits. I would say the fic is complete but I feel like leaving something...incomplete. I'm trying to write another chapter, one that would make it all better but it's so BLOODY hard.
The story only needs a final chapter/epilogue to be really and truly complete although the end of chapter XIII works. Not enough for my taste, but it does.
I will write that final chapter/epilogue later on but I suspect I need to take a break (hopefully only a few days) to be able to overcome that slight...problem.

I apologise to everyone for letting you down on this one even if only temporarily.
There's a good thing to be considered though : I'm now officially back reading fics

August 18, 2016 2:43 pm  #533

Just read Lose to Win, Vhanja and liked it very much. I'm glad you shared it with us here !

August 18, 2016 6:28 pm  #534

Thank you very much for taking the time to read it, and to leave such a lovely comment.:D 

Glad to hear you're (almost) done with your story. A small break might be just what you need.

I just need to get my muses on paper instead of just having them floating around in my head (and distracting me at work... *ahem*...), and then I can go back to reading some myself. 

Team Hudders!

August 18, 2016 6:31 pm  #535

What sort of distraction could you *possibly* be talking about?
I really liked your story and you do deserve to have comments  

August 18, 2016 6:52 pm  #536

Distractions not suitable in a work-related environment. 

Team Hudders!

August 18, 2016 7:29 pm  #537

August 18, 2016 7:32 pm  #538

I finally got a chance to read the recent chapters of yours, Lily. *dries eyes* beautifully done! 

Vhanja, if I can I am planning on reading yours while I have to visit my mum, I think I'll need something to distract me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2016 7:34 pm  #539

Not sure if it's mum-friendly material. ;)

Team Hudders!

August 18, 2016 7:40 pm  #540

Phantom, pray tell, can I 'end' it here? I don't want to, but if I find myself unable to write this bloody epilogue, would it still work? We need some closure, don't we?
I'm glad that you liked them anyway

I started to read Whipped (from the beginning, I had started a while ago but stopped, I don't even remember why.) I'll continue tomorrow though, I can hear the telly from hear, not very nice for reading. So I'll watch Sherlock instead xD

Board footera