BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2014 8:41 pm  #301

Re: Fanfics from forum members

Really enjoyed that Kerkerian, lovely scene-setting

I'm clueing for looks

April 24, 2014 6:36 pm  #302

clareiow wrote:

Really enjoyed that Kerkerian, lovely scene-setting

Thank you very much!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

April 25, 2014 7:05 am  #303

I've read it tonight while waiting for the baby to fall asleep again. Was only awake enough for giving kudos, but I really liked it. (So surprise there, as I love your writings in general. ) Well done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 25, 2014 12:25 pm  #304

Schmiezi wrote:

I've read it tonight while waiting for the baby to fall asleep again. Was only awake enough for giving kudos, but I really liked it. (So surprise there, as I love your writings in general. ) Well done!

Thank you so much, Schmiezi, but what's much more important right now: the baby? Awww! Congratulations!!! 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

April 25, 2014 12:35 pm  #305

Kerkerian wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

Thank you so much, Schmiezi, but what's much more important right now: the baby? Awww! Congratulations!!! 

Thank you! I've just sent you an email.

Last edited by Schmiezi (April 25, 2014 12:35 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 25, 2014 3:07 pm  #306

Kerkerian wrote:

Hey guys,

I tried to tackle two things at once: a post-HLV story, since I have shied away from that so far, and something I've always wanted to write about Schatzi a.k.a. Sherlock and Lestrade.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10293549/1/A-Scientist-or-a-Philosopher
or
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1511804

Lovely story. I like how Sherlock consults his "inner John" to help Lestrade while still being totally in character. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 25, 2014 5:05 pm  #307

SusiGo wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

Hey guys,

I tried to tackle two things at once: a post-HLV story, since I have shied away from that so far, and something I've always wanted to write about Schatzi a.k.a. Sherlock and Lestrade.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10293549/1/A-Scientist-or-a-Philosopher
or
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1511804

Lovely story. I like how Sherlock consults his "inner John" to help Lestrade while still being totally in character. 

Thank you, again!

April 26, 2014 10:37 am  #308

I liked 'A scientist...' too. I'm kinda wondering what will happen next. Are you gonna write a sequel? Honestly, Kerkerian, you're a good writer, I got addicted to your fics yesterday. I'm not really a johnlocker but from you I can take it. ;)
I just loved the moment in Hazard Control where John is taken to the huge mansion where Mycroft lives.
John: 'Do you live here?'
Mycroft: 'Somebody has to keep it up.'
Me: this is gonna be good. 

I finally made a fanfiction.net account, I'm so excited! I've never done this before. After all the lovely chaos with series three I've been doing all my fangirling in private, plotting my own series four, but now two episodes are properly plotted and the first sequence of the first episode is almost done. Little problem: I've really tried to imitate the show: stucture, characters, etc. as a result the thing reads more like a screenplay than a novelle, so rewrites are needed. (Maybe I should start calling my sequences 'chapters'. )

One little question. I was wondering, is there a reason why the community is in 'general' and not in 'Sherlock'? That's going to make it harder for readers to find.

April 26, 2014 12:51 pm  #309

silverblaze wrote:

I liked 'A scientist...' too. I'm kinda wondering what will happen next. Are you gonna write a sequel? Honestly, Kerkerian, you're a good writer, I got addicted to your fics yesterday. I'm not really a johnlocker but from you I can take it. ;)
I just loved the moment in Hazard Control where John is taken to the huge mansion where Mycroft lives.
John: 'Do you live here?'
Mycroft: 'Somebody has to keep it up.'
Me: this is gonna be good. 

I finally made a fanfiction.net account, I'm so excited! I've never done this before. After all the lovely chaos with series three I've been doing all my fangirling in private, plotting my own series four, but now two episodes are properly plotted and the first sequence of the first episode is almost done. Little problem: I've really tried to imitate the show: stucture, characters, etc. as a result the thing reads more like a screenplay than a novelle, so rewrites are needed. (Maybe I should start calling my sequences 'chapters'. )

One little question. I was wondering, is there a reason why the community is in 'general' and not in 'Sherlock'? That's going to make it harder for readers to find.

Thank you so much! I kept blushing while I read this!
I haven't decided on a sequel yet, since I haven't quite made up my mind about how things will progress with the Watsons and their baby. Writing into the future (so to speak) does hold a lot of attraction though, I'll probably get to it at one point.
I'm also looking forward to read what you've come up with!

At the moment, I'm working on something I've never written before, but it's been ghosting around in my head for quite a while. I'm not going to post it before it's complete, which might still take a while (and it's such fun to write!). And now I'll stop with the teasing and get back to said project.

PS: Your ff.net user name is not by any chance "BoleynOrWhat", is it? I got an abundance of reviews from her/him yesterday and couldn't thank her/him, since she/he has private messaging disabled. So if it's you, thank you for all the kind enthusiasm.

Last edited by Kerkerian (April 26, 2014 12:56 pm)

April 26, 2014 4:05 pm  #310

No, I'm Silverblaze horse, I thought I'd keep it consistent, so Boleyn will have to go unthanked . I'm really curious what you will come up with, I'm sure it's gonna be good. I just realised that a couple of months ago, when I injured my knee and was in a lot of pain, I was really into h/c fics, and some of yours too, so thank you for comforting me when I felt ill . (How cool is that, btw, to be able to speak to authors that impacted you in some way, directly?)

April 26, 2014 5:27 pm  #311

silverblaze wrote:

No, I'm Silverblaze horse, I thought I'd keep it consistent, so Boleyn will have to go unthanked . I'm really curious what you will come up with, I'm sure it's gonna be good. I just realised that a couple of months ago, when I injured my knee and was in a lot of pain, I was really into h/c fics, and some of yours too, so thank you for comforting me when I felt ill . (How cool is that, btw, to be able to speak to authors that impacted you in some way, directly?)

Ah well, I'll find a way to thank Boleyn.
You're very welcome, and yes- I love it as well! I'm ever so grateful for the internet- being able to post one's stories and read those of likeminded people is simply amazing.
I hope your knee's all right now!

April 26, 2014 8:55 pm  #312

YAY, I've started writing again. I know that I still need to finish Like A Landslide, but this HLV fix-it needs to get out of my head. Many thanks to Davina for pointing out my mistakes (prepositions are evil little creatures when you are not a native speaker) and to Susi for support, encouragement and thudding. You two are the best!

Not Broken, Just Bent[/url] (1386 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Schmiezi]Schmiezi
Chapters: 1/?
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Mary Morstan/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mary Morstan, Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: Fix-It, HLV fix-it, Unrequited Love, Pining, Romance, Love Confessions, Angst, POV Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Series 3 Spoilers, Sherlock Loves John
Summary:

That is when I make the inexcusable mistake. For a second, I allow myself to love him deeply. For a second, only a second, that love reflects on my face. Our eyes lock, and something in his expression falls.

April 26, 2014 8:59 pm  #313

Wonderful fic. To quote Mrs Hudson - "so sad." 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 26, 2014 9:24 pm  #314

Yes - the bitter sweetness!
You can't let it end like this. (I have hopes...)
Brilliant writing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 26, 2014 9:35 pm  #315

Thank you both! It was so much fun writing it.

April 29, 2014 8:54 am  #316

I had a few minutes to myself and needed to work on something that wasn't Eurovision...

I have posted chapter 11 of 'The Gothic Murders' ... Where Sherlock fights with the betrayal of his feelings.

(Warning, graphic depictions of violence, and Johnlock references)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1399492/chapters/3261494

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (April 29, 2014 8:57 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 29, 2014 10:55 am  #317

Schmiezi, what a heartbreaking fic... I really need some comfort asap...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 29, 2014 4:10 pm  #318

SolarSystem wrote:

Schmiezi, what a heartbreaking fic... I really need some comfort asap...!

Thank you! 
There's another chapter finished soon. Maybe a little less heartbreaking. A little. Maybe.

April 29, 2014 7:26 pm  #319

Oh, I can't wait Schmiezi!
And don't get me wrong, I love heartbreak and hurt... but eventually I'll need a little bit of comfort as well.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 2, 2014 11:11 am  #320

silverblaze wrote:

It is up now (at least the first of two parts)!
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10316668/1/Best-Not-To-Be-Repeated
or:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1554983

Last edited by Kerkerian (May 2, 2014 11:12 am)

Board footera