BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2013 7:22 pm  #1

This police guy - is he suspicious?

Having watched TRF more than twice now I consider this police guy especially suspicious.

We haven't seen him before and now he seems to be a close assistant to Lestrade:

Actually not a big deal – but one fact makes me think: "Oh, there's something fishy about him".
This.

"Three bullets, three gunmen", Moriarty says. The first one that is shown is him – obviously Mrs Hudson's gunman (whether he is there for her safety or about to kill her in case Sherlock doesn't jump is not yet clear)

Next one we see is John's gunman:

And in connection with Lestrade's we see him again in Scotland Yard (why him of all policemen?)

looking around very suspiciously.
(Funnily – most certainly a slip-up – he's still got the "red-hot" Brian Lukis case from TBB on his computer screen):

So, what do you think: Is he some Moriarty mole in Scotland Yard? Or does he work for Mycroft in order to grant Lestrade's safety?
Or do I suspect a completely innocent, honest citizen?

Last edited by tobeornot221b (January 27, 2013 7:24 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 27, 2013 10:19 pm  #2

Re: This police guy - is he suspicious?

A thought many fan fiction deal with. 

I think that's very interesting and for me it seems not too far-fetched that there is (probably) a mole in Scotland Yard. 

For me that bloke is definitely suspicious. Get him off.

Edit: Well observed, by the way

Last edited by Mary Me (January 27, 2013 10:21 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 27, 2013 10:24 pm  #3

Mary Me wrote:

A thought many fan fiction deal with. 

Oh - didn't know about that. Maybe I'm reading the wrong ff (or not enough of them ).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 27, 2013 10:26 pm  #4

Can there be wrong fan fiction? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2013 10:30 pm  #5

Still trying to figure out - are you saying the police guy is the gunman?    Are they really the same person? Not sure from the pictures...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2013 10:37 pm  #6

Harriet wrote:

Still trying to figure out - are you saying the police guy is the gunman? Are they really the same person? Not sure from the pictures...

Not necessarily the gunman - he would be outside the building aiming at Lestrade - but someone who's in on it.
Yes, I'm sure it's the same person. It's easier to believe when watching TRF. With stills, it's more difficult to show.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 27, 2013 10:37 pm  #7

Harriet wrote:

Still trying to figure out - are you saying the police guy is the gunman? Are they really the same person? Not sure from the pictures...

Wouldn't make sense. Three snipers. I would say the police guy is/was/would be the sniper for Lestrade. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 27, 2013 10:43 pm  #8

About the Mrs Hudson sniper, I see now, thanks 
Haven't seen TRF in a while... are not all the killers shown before?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2013 10:46 pm  #9

Harriet wrote:

About the Mrs Hudson sniper, I see now, thanks
Haven't seen TRF in a while... are not all the killers shown before?

Hehe. Here's the final question: Are they really? 
In connection with Lestrade... we only get to see this bloke.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 27, 2013 10:47 pm  #10

We get them all to see when they start living around 221B. Some are dead after a while, though....

January 27, 2013 10:50 pm  #11

No no that were the blokes who were there for his safety. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 27, 2013 10:58 pm  #12

Oops    LOL, how could this happen?

Last edited by Harriet (January 27, 2013 11:01 pm)

March 2, 2013 10:10 pm  #13

tobeornot221b wrote:

Having watched TRF more than twice now I consider this police guy especially suspicious.

We haven't seen him before and now he seems to be a close assistant to Lestrade:

Actually not a big deal – but one fact makes me think: "Oh, there's something fishy about him".
This.

"Three bullets, three gunmen", Moriarty says. The first one that is shown is him – obviously Mrs Hudson's gunman (whether he is there for her safety or about to kill her in case Sherlock doesn't jump is not yet clear)

Next one we see is John's gunman:

And in connection with Lestrade's we see him again in Scotland Yard (why him of all policemen?)

looking around very suspiciously.
(Funnily – most certainly a slip-up – he's still got the "red-hot" Brian Lukis case from TBB on his computer screen):

So, what do you think: Is he some Moriarty mole in Scotland Yard? Or does he work for Mycroft in order to grant Lestrade's safety?
Or do I suspect a completely innocent, honest citizen?

My suspicion against this police guy in his salmon-coloured shirt has grown stronger a minute ago.
Here we see him talking to Donovan, just after the little girl's screaming.
He is the one who plants doubts in Donovan's oh so willing brain.

To me, he's Moriarty's mole in Scotland Yard.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (March 2, 2013 10:11 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 2, 2013 10:14 pm  #14

Actually, he could even be standing behind the window when the girl starts screaming. I've read an essay on him once, can't remember when... The final idea of it was that the girl was screaming because of him, not because of Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 3, 2013 2:26 pm  #15

I just rewatched the scene of scream - he is nowwhere near, as far as I can see. However, it is obvious that he is Moriarty man, and it is only logical Moriarty would have his accomplices in police forces: he has ones in Tower, Bank of England and Pentonville prison, after all, and to have some policemen in his pocket would be only logical for his plans. They could also help him to alter the records and create false identity as Jim Moriarty. In fact, they could also help him to fabricate false evidence against Sherlock quite easily (that's why I am willing to forget many evident plotholes in TRF - I am quite convinced that Moriarty had the means to effectively ruin Sherlock - they just needed to take some shortcuts for the screentime sake).
However, I didn't notice the guy before the last scene and I must say I am impressed Mofftiss thought about bringing him inobtrusively into the picture before - yet another prove of their brilliant and complex 
script planning. 

March 10, 2013 6:48 pm  #16

Schmiezi wrote:

Actually, he could even be standing behind the window when the girl starts screaming. I've read an essay on him once, can't remember when... The final idea of it was that the girl was screaming because of him, not because of Sherlock.

There was no one standing behind the window (behind Sherlock). She was pointing at Sherlock even as he was leaving the room and the only people around him were John and Lestrade.
But this idea is quite interesting anyway.

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

March 15, 2013 4:12 am  #17

I think he is suspicious. I also think he runs into the old chocolate Factory where the children are hidden and is the one we hear whispering "quiet"  and "move over here"  or whatever he said. He snuffs out the candle, and plants them for sherlock and the rest to find.

He's everywhere in the episode. I think he and the gunman aiming out the window, from the stairwell after Sherlock jumps (who has shockingly similar features to Sherlock)  are Moriarty's child-kidnappers... And to two mercury-poisoned, hallucinating young children would look enough like Sherlock and Watson to induce the girl's screaming at the station.

March 15, 2013 1:19 pm  #18

This pink-shirt-guy could be a mole. In TGG when Sherlock gets a phone call from Moriarty while in the Yard's office Moriarty says: "It's ok that you have gone to the police. But don't rely on them." In this moment Sherlock looks around as if he is searching and looking for someone.
Moriarty obviously was informed that Sherlock got in touch with the police.
Sherlock was aware of this connection: "He planted that doubt in her head".

March 17, 2013 2:30 pm  #19

Cabear5 wrote:

I think he is suspicious. I also think he runs into the old chocolate Factory where the children are hidden and is the one we hear whispering "quiet" and "move over here" or whatever he said. He snuffs out the candle, and plants them for sherlock and the rest to find.

You're right, Cabear, he runs into the building:

And you may be right as well concerning the snuffed candle.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera