BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2013 6:23 pm  #741

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Can there ever be a good reason for a mustache? The only one I can personally think of is that you are the Lorax and I don't think this applies here. (I mean I know the Lorax is short and blond but...I don't think that's what is going on)

Is it really canon that Watson has a mustache? I think it is in one story, maybe, Charles Augustus Milverton? But we all make mistakes.

Perhaps this is the real reason for Sherlock's absence. I'm not sure what I woudl do if a good friend grew a moustache either. 

Last edited by beekeeper (March 29, 2013 6:25 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

March 29, 2013 6:30 pm  #742

Love it!  Ha. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 29, 2013 7:22 pm  #743

beekeeper wrote:

Perhaps this is the real reason for Sherlock's absence. I'm not sure what I woudl do if a good friend grew a moustache either. 

Brilliant! And the first signs of his return will be a razor that mysteriously appears at the bathroom...

March 29, 2013 9:59 pm  #744

beekeeper wrote:

Can there ever be a good reason for a mustache? The only one I can personally think of is that you are the Lorax and I don't think this applies here. (I mean I know the Lorax is short and blond but...I don't think that's what is going on)

Is it really canon that Watson has a mustache? I think it is in one story, maybe, Charles Augustus Milverton? But we all make mistakes.

I make plenty but I checked for you Watson has a modest moustache in The Red Circle, in Charles Augustus Milverton and in the Naval Treaty and sports a grey moustache in His Last Bow dressed and acting as a chauffer. John wouldn't have been allowed one in today's army and I knew a guy who grew a tash after he left the army just becuase he could and he hadn't had one before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

April 1, 2013 7:25 pm  #745

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2013 7:26 pm  #746

They certainly were!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 1, 2013 8:10 pm  #747

besleybean wrote:

They certainly were!

I bet you know all the spoilers, don't you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2013 8:20 pm  #748

Not just her  (cannot help myself either)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 1, 2013 8:25 pm  #749

Well the news video showed the one of John, that is, you could see how Martin looked!
I didn't get any other spoilers from today.
The 3 biggies were from the reports of the Bristol shoot.

April 5, 2013 1:29 pm  #750

Official news report from their filming in Cheltenham on Tuesday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2303375/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Amanda-Abbington-continue-film-series-Sherlock.html

I like the way Martin is hiding his face, presumably to cover his YOU KNOW WHAT

April 5, 2013 1:36 pm  #751

teasing is almost irresistible....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 5, 2013 3:38 pm  #752

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Maybe (although he MUST know that pics of his you-know-what have been all over the internet). Probably more likely that he was freezing to death and so covering his face. That jacket he has on would be suitable for Arctic exploration.

April 5, 2013 6:57 pm  #753

ancientsgate wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Maybe (although he MUST know that pics of his you-know-what have been all over the internet). Probably more likely that he was freezing to death and so covering his face. That jacket he has on would be suitable for Arctic exploration.

Apparently I missed something during my absence. Could somebody please enlighten me? PM would be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 5, 2013 7:14 pm  #754

No I do think Martin is having  a laugh about hiding his I.D.
But as I've said before, his true appearance is clearly seen on the news reports from the filming.

April 5, 2013 8:53 pm  #755

Mary Me wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Apparently I missed something during my absence. Could somebody please enlighten me? PM would be fine.

Mary, are you briefed on everything you've missed so far now?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 9, 2013 5:42 am  #756

Wednesday April 10th shooting will take place in North Gower Street, London. Permits for filming have been posted.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 9, 2013 7:11 am  #757

And I will be there...or as near as I can get.

April 9, 2013 7:12 am  #758

Lucky you. Keep us informed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 9, 2013 7:19 am  #759

Well Plan A is for husband and I to have lunch at Speedy's, before he goes into a meeting near Oxford Circus.  Then I was to have the afternoon to myself.
But if we can't get near, we may be onto Plan B: me sending hubby off to sort his own lunch and him leaving me to get as near as I can to N. Gower St to ogle...can't imagine me daring to speak to anybody.

Last edited by besleybean (April 9, 2013 7:21 am)

April 9, 2013 7:26 am  #760

Whatever you may have to report, I'm looking forward to it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera