BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2013 9:51 pm  #681

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Yeah, I kind of have mixed feelings on the whole thing. I've enjoyed what we've found out so far and the speculation is fun, but I wouldn't want to know anymore than that.

I was reading a blog report by someone who was there all night. She posted everything that we knew so far, everything that's become public knowledge etc with the fire, Amanda, the motorbike and so on...then she put a warning saying "what follows below is serious spoiler stuff that's not been published. Read on at your own risk." I sat there for quite some time just staring at the warning, then clicked off and didn't read anymore.

As long as people give you a fair warning, it is possible to avoid them - you just have to make a choice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 26, 2013 9:57 pm  #682

Yeah I've favourited a whole spoiler page, but haven't as yet had the energy to read it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 26, 2013 10:11 pm  #683

Oh, that is dangerous........... I know myself! Good that I didn't find such, yet.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 26, 2013 10:13 pm  #684

besleybean wrote:

Yeah I've favourited a whole spoiler page, but haven't as yet had the energy to read it!

Yeah, you kind of have to ask yourself, do I really want to know...

Like, if someone had told you "Sherlock jumps off the top of St Barts" before Series 2 came out, would you have thanked them for it? You wouldn't have known the circumstances, or the outcome or the storyline, but it still would have spoiled a hell of a lot for you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2013 10:21 pm  #685

Mattlocked wrote:

For me it is like... seeing the shape of the present but having no idea what's inside.
Makes it more exciting to me - at the moment! As long as there won't be too much spoilers during the filming until autumn.
Right now I'm enjoying the difference between today and not-knowing-anything of S1 and 2 in the past..

Erf... yes.  Yes, I know.  I found this amusingly, incredibly appropriate to right now...  ;D
http://sherlock--confessions.tumblr.com/post/46306243329/can-i-bring-this-back

I'm kind of in the middle too.  I discovered it after S1 had already been put to dvd, so totally clueless of the fact that they were even making it, the fandom, who these people were, etc. etc.  Now....  well... I gotta say it's nice to have a whole fandom to wait with... isn't it?  And I'm not dead set on leaving just so I won't be spoiled, but, yeah, it's tough too, when you want to be able to go into it 'fresh' like before.  Just a few general pics here and there aren't too bad, though, really.  Makes it fun to wonder about.... right?   Heck, I even haven't watched yet a few post-finale cast interviews and blogs from the show writers that I'm curious to see what they say in (since it's they are from a favorite show that was canceled), that were done a good chunk of time ago, because I haven't gotten to see the eps of that show yet.

(but yes.... god help us when the previews come out...  ;D)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 26, 2013 10:31 pm  #686

Ivy wrote:

I think this whole thread is a spoiler. You just have to avoid certain threads (like "the empty hearse" one) when Sherlock is on BBC next winter. I think photos are O.K. but I don't want to read any dialogue or description of scenes that these fans hear or see when they visit the set. I won't wait til Sherlock is on German TV, because I simply can't (and the dubbing is not my thing) We could use SPOILER in certain thread titles then.
But I totally can understand you, ancientsgate.

The discussion threads here are notorious for going off onto tangents, regardless of what their title/purpose is-- something that normally I fully enjoy, lol, but I don't know. We'll see what the future brings.

March 27, 2013 8:49 am  #687

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I was reading a blog report by someone who was there all night. She posted everything that we knew so far, everything that's become public knowledge etc with the fire, Amanda, the motorbike and so on...then she put a warning saying "what follows below is serious spoiler stuff that's not been published. Read on at your own risk."

Could you post the link to that blog?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 27, 2013 9:52 am  #688

Possible SPOILERS:

Shall we try to deduce something by looking at AA's clothing/appearence?
1. She is not John's type. He is supposed to be interested in girls who are tall, brunette and thin with curly dark hair.
2. She doesn't look like Mary in canon; at least not in my head canon. Mary with this alarming shade of red?

She has short blonde hair, she looks friendly and affable. The kind of type who wears jumpers.
My first impression was that she is John-female-version. Is she Harry? She can also be a client.
By casting her as Harry she is given a role where she can appear from time to time when needed.
Perhaps John spends some time at Harry's after the fall. Maybe John and Sherlock had a row after Sherlock's return?? Or John is investigating away on his own and Sherlock comes to rescue him.

I really like to speculate a bit. But I don't want to know. I hope that we won't see many more outdoor scenes. Or at least that I am able to distract myself from looking at twitter spoilers.

Last edited by Be (March 27, 2013 12:20 pm)

March 27, 2013 10:26 am  #689

Schmiezi wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I was reading a blog report by someone who was there all night. She posted everything that we knew so far, everything that's become public knowledge etc with the fire, Amanda, the motorbike and so on...then she put a warning saying "what follows below is serious spoiler stuff that's not been published. Read on at your own risk."

Could you post the link to that blog?

Ha. I honestly couldn't tell you where it was anymore. I clicked off it and didn't look back! Found it on Twitter originally under the #setlock tag.

March 27, 2013 12:10 pm  #690

Be wrote:

Possible SPOILERS:

Shall we try to deduce something by looking at AA's clothing/appearence?
1. She is not John's type. He is supposed to be interested in girls who are tall, brunette and thin with curly dark hair.
2. She doesn't look like Mary in canon; at least not in my head canon. Mary with this alarming shade of red?

She has short blonde hair, she looks friendly and affable. The kind of type who wears jumpers.
My first impression was that she is John-female-version. Is she Harry? She can also be a client.
By casting her as Harry she is given a role where she can appear form time to time when needed.
Perhaps John spends some time at Harry's after the fall. Maybe John and Sherlock had a row after Sherlock's return?? Or John is investigation away on his own and Sherlock comes to rescue him.

I really like to speculate a bit. But I don't want to know. I hope that we won't see many more outdoor scenes. Or at least that I am abel to distract myself from looking at twitter spoilers.

Nice deduction ;) I' excited to see wheater you're right. I think it would be interesting to bring in Harry.
It's not much of a spoiler in my opinion, do we even know that it was the fist episode they are shooting? Don't they shoot them all at once?

March 27, 2013 12:11 pm  #691

Great. Now I've joined twitter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2013 12:23 pm  #692

Schmiezi wrote:

Great. Now I've joined twitter.

Be careful. There is a chinese proverb: If you are looking for a tiger you must be prepared to find one.

March 27, 2013 12:28 pm  #693

If you don't want to know what character Amanda will play, you should really avoid #setlock on twitter.They not just post pics but also some parts of dialogues they hear during shooting.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 27, 2013 12:33 pm  #694

...wow, following this also improves my Italian!

March 27, 2013 12:41 pm  #695

Ivy wrote:

If you don't want to know what character Amanda will play, you should really avoid #setlock on twitter.They not just post pics but also some parts of dialogues they hear during shooting.

How are we going to go on in the forum with some people who have seen spoilers and some who haven't?  I really want to stay and try to work things out in my mind, but I don't want to know lines.
You can't totally avoid spoilers if you are a fan. Just use #Sherlock and you get more than you want to see.
How will we survive untill ....November?
I discovered Sherlock after Series 2, so I don't know how you all coped  between series 1 and 2 with spoilers.

March 27, 2013 2:03 pm  #696

I want to try to avoid any major, genuine spoilers on this forum until the series airs in the UK. Then people who have seen them can discuss the episodes in the relevant sections and people who are still waiting to see them can just avoid those sections.

I don't class things like "Amanda Abbington is in it and she might be Mary" or "Sherlock arrived on a motorbike and ran towards the fire" as direct spoilers. They're hints at what's going on and people can speculate over them but we won't know for certain until we see the episode.

If I see anyone posting anything more serious, such as dialogue from the set or pictures or unofficial news that hasn't already been reported in the press then I'll remove it.

March 27, 2013 2:09 pm  #697

That's a very good idea! Those who like to get spoilers know where to find them. *shame on me for following #setlock on twitter*

I still don't know what to do once it airs in Britain. I promised my (not-English-speaking) husband to wait with watching until it gets aired in Germany (dubbed and all), but I really, really want to know about it before!

March 27, 2013 3:09 pm  #698

Bankruptcy is always individual in the UK. Whether a couple are married or not is irrelevant. Debts are individually liable.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2013 4:34 pm  #699

Possibly all I should say here is that I have very strong views on the subject, particularly linked to patriotism. 
I am not sure what the rules are about slagging Sherlock cast members.
I had to delete a post on my last board, when I called Benedict an idiot for smoking!
But a few general points that would apply to anybody, anytime and anywhere: In my opinion, there is a world of difference between what is legal and what is moral.
Having said that, I recognise we are not talking about mass murder, rape or paedophilia here.
Generally good people can make errors of judgement,particularly when they have professional accountants advising them.
For me it's more about people letting themselves down, not presenting a good image and really(and this is purely personal) losing credibility. They may also want to assess what a couple is.
I do also think the wider issues of freedom of press and the world wide recession are relevant.
But I will conclude by adding: my tolerance of wealthy celebs is very low.
I remain a Benedict Cumberbatch fan.
But rampant capitalism stinks: it breeds greed.
None of this of course affects actors talents or abilities.

Last edited by besleybean (March 27, 2013 4:43 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 27, 2013 8:34 pm  #700

besleybean wrote:

Possibly all I should say here is that I have very strong views on the subject, particularly linked to patriotism. 
I am not sure what the rules are about slagging Sherlock cast members.
I had to delete a post on my last board, when I called Benedict an idiot for smoking!
But a few general points that would apply to anybody, anytime and anywhere: In my opinion, there is a world of difference between what is legal and what is moral.
Having said that, I recognise we are not talking about mass murder, rape or paedophilia here.
Generally good people can make errors of judgement,particularly when they have professional accountants advising them.
For me it's more about people letting themselves down, not presenting a good image and really(and this is purely personal) losing credibility. They may also want to assess what a couple is.
I do also think the wider issues of freedom of press and the world wide recession are relevant.
But I will conclude by adding: my tolerance of wealthy celebs is very low.
I remain a Benedict Cumberbatch fan.
But rampant capitalism stinks: it breeds greed.
None of this of course affects actors talents or abilities.

I'm not entirely sure I'm getting this right but I get the feeling you are talking about the topic that I started. And I am very sorry about that. I didn't mean to make a discussion about money and stuff, I'm not exactly what you would call a fan of capitalism myself. It was just ment to be an aside nothing I really wanted to be discussed. So I apolpgise for having started this. Let's just forget about it.

Board footera