BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2013 8:43 am  #501

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

tobeornot221b wrote:

I had to look up "hearse" - I've never come across one.

An elegant black car (here in the US, usually a Cadillac) that carries the deceased and his coffin from the funeral home to the church for services and then to the cemetery. The car usually has big windows in the back, so people can see the coffin and flowers, if any, as it passes by.

Not surprised at the title. I presume that front and center in that episode will be an explanation of how S survived the fall, with footage from the cemetery and all that went on to make people believe it was all real.

March 18, 2013 8:47 am  #502

"The Empty Hearse", oh, this is hilarious! I KNEW they wouldn't stict to a flat "empty house". And does anybody know something about the director, Jeremy Lovering?

March 18, 2013 8:49 am  #503

It's such a perfect title!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 18, 2013 8:56 am  #504

Big discussion going on if the silhouette to the very right is Sherlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 18, 2013 9:07 am  #505

Ha, that could be anything! I mean, yeah, it could be Sherlock, but it could just as easily be someone or something else altogether!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 18, 2013 9:26 am  #506

"Hearse." Seriously? Moffat, you troll! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 18, 2013 9:41 am  #507

The ACD story about a hearse: The Disappearence of Lady Frances Carfax. But obviously there is a coffin that is all but empty.

March 18, 2013 10:37 am  #508

I believe that this is the real title if I see it on air! But it would be cool title.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 18, 2013 11:39 am  #509

I wonder if they are going to translate if with "Leichenhaus" in german. (mortuary)
The only thing I could think about today was that title. I mean what the...? Why? Christmas can't come too soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 18, 2013 12:16 pm  #510

Mary Me,
BBC Sherlock DE translates on twitter: Der leere Leichenwagen.
There are maybe several possible meanings of "hearse". Are we talking about a car or a building?

March 18, 2013 12:28 pm  #511

leo says: a car

March 18, 2013 12:30 pm  #512

As far as I know a hearse is a car for transporting bodies resp. coffins and nothing else. Nice pun on "house". 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 18, 2013 1:03 pm  #513

Mattlocked wrote:

News:
Mark Gatiss‏@Markgatiss
Exclusive! Ep 1 will be called 'The Empty Hearse'. The game is on!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 18, 2013 2:58 pm  #514

Great, I've learnt a new word AGAIN. Sherlock really is good for my education.

At school I honored the day by finding and giving out a work sheet on Cardiff. Now that's fitting, isn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 18, 2013 3:01 pm  #515

God, how I love the Sherlock fandom. There's a shadow of a lamp and the half of a person in the clapperboard.

source:http://wholockednatural-13.tumblr.com/post/45665907494/cumberbuddy-shadow-silhouette-person-what-rhe

Last edited by Ivy (March 18, 2013 3:35 pm)

----------

March 18, 2013 3:06 pm  #516

That's just how desperate we've become. 

March 18, 2013 3:23 pm  #517

Empty coffin? Sherlock's of course...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

March 18, 2013 3:35 pm  #518

----------

March 18, 2013 4:53 pm  #519

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Ha, that could be anything! I mean, yeah, it could be Sherlock, but it could just as easily be someone or something else altogether!

Could be Ben's stand-in.

March 18, 2013 4:59 pm  #520

Mary Me wrote:

I wonder if they are going to translate if with "Leichenhaus" in german. (mortuary)
The only thing I could think about today was that title. I mean what the...? Why? Christmas can't come too soon.

A hearse is not a mortuary. I think of a mortuary as a place where the bodies are stored after death, and then prepped for burial, or cremated, then put into an appropriate container. We call them funeral homes here in the US. A hearse is just a vehicle that carries the coffin and body or the container of ashes around between the funeral home and wherever services are held and then to wherever the family wants the burial or final resting place to be.

Board footera