BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2013 8:59 am  #441

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Well observed. Yes, it was time for something new. As I didn't want to change my signature, I changed the avatar. Very intense, isn't it? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 14, 2013 9:00 am  #442

it is. I had it as a wallpaper on my phone once 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 14, 2013 12:11 pm  #443

The sun is shining in Baker Street:

Steve Lawes

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 14, 2013 3:56 pm  #444

Yes, but is the sun shining in John's heart?  Well maybe, if they are filming backwards and all is hunky-dory with our boys once again....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 14, 2013 4:21 pm  #445

KeepersPrice wrote:

Yes, but is the sun shining in John's heart? Well maybe, if they are filming backwards and all is hunky-dory with our boys once again....

You old romantic. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 14, 2013 5:03 pm  #446

Are they not filming them in order this time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 14, 2013 5:07 pm  #447

besleybean wrote:

Are they not filming them in order this time?

I think they never did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 14, 2013 5:07 pm  #448

I read that this is the first time they do film them in order. Before they started with TGG resp. Hounds.

March 14, 2013 7:31 pm  #449

I know that they're filming the first two first, then the third one after a short break. Don't know whether they will be filming the first two episodes in order or not. Shooting schedules are normally broken down by locations, so you do all the scenes in one location first, then move on to the next location etc.

Anyway, I find it interesting that practically nothing has changed in Baker Street, so basically John has just left it like that. It looks exactly the same as when Sherlock went away.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 14, 2013 9:23 pm  #450

Oh, it won't be long now, if the lighting guys have already done their thing! Beautiful.

March 14, 2013 9:34 pm  #451

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Anyway, I find it interesting that practically nothing has changed in Baker Street, so basically John has just left it like that. It looks exactly the same as when Sherlock went away.

To me, that indicates that John's suffering hasn't taken the three full (canon) years.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 14, 2013 9:39 pm  #452

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I know that they're filming the first two first, then the third one after a short break. Don't know whether they will be filming the first two episodes in order or not. Shooting schedules are normally broken down by locations, so you do all the scenes in one location first, then move on to the next location etc.

I don't know about episodes, but I think "Irene" (can't think of the actress's name!) said that for Scandal they filmed the seduction scene first. Sort of jumping right in there, eh?

March 14, 2013 11:55 pm  #453

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

To me, that indicates that John's suffering hasn't taken the three full (canon) years.

Yeah, I think that's probably true, because if you think about it...if they went with the traditional three years, they would have to set it in the future...which seems like an unlikely thing for them to do.

So maybe the period that John has been without Sherlock, is pretty much roughly the same period we've been without Sherlock.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 15, 2013 12:41 am  #454

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

So maybe the period that John has been without Sherlock, is pretty much roughly the same period we've been without Sherlock.

...which is too long.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 15, 2013 1:12 am  #455

horserider99 wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

...which is too long.

100% agree!!

================================================================

March 15, 2013 2:32 am  #456

horserider99 wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

...which is too long.

I know, right? Half a lifetime, at least.

March 15, 2013 3:51 am  #457

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, I think that's probably true, because if you think about it...if they went with the traditional three years, they would have to set it in the future...which seems like an unlikely thing for them to do.

So you mean they had that long wait on purpose, just to keep it helpfully 'aligned' with the show that way.         

(hee....  kidding asides, I totally agree with all the comments previously made that a modern-day Holmes wouldn't 'need' three years like the canon one did, not to mention keeping it aligned with 'real time', not to mention the untouched flat, even if John needed time away, that they came back sooner rather than later before Mrs. Hudson finally did something)

Mmm...   makes ya wonder about the 'untouched-ness', though too... poor John, either staying away, or making enough as a doctor to stay on and just living there with everything left as it was?   No doubt enabled by his dear friend landlady... 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 15, 2013 11:40 am  #458

sue vertue ‏@suevertue
Baker Street awaits.

March 15, 2013 11:49 am  #459

Coming!! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 15, 2013 12:45 pm  #460

this is amazing! there realy is comming a season 3! cant wait! i already have 1 and 2 on dvd now i just have to wait till i can get the 3th one! it says on the box: Sherlock showed how the remake should be done. and i deff agree with it

Last edited by MissAC (March 15, 2013 12:47 pm)

Sherlock FS. Moriarty... Perfect entertainment!

Board footera