BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2013 11:09 am  #321

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

I thought he lookd so tired in some of those last pix.
Hope he manages a bit of sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2013 11:11 am  #322

Filming for the Fifth Estate is said to be scheduled until 21 March. I suppose they'll do some scenes without him at the end or whatever but it doesn't sound as if he'd get much rest. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 9, 2013 11:12 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 9, 2013 11:21 am  #323

Poor baby.  But then, could he be any more tired than he was after Frankenstein?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2013 12:28 pm  #324

Was he? I didn't know about that. And there are some scenes in TGG where he looks half-dead as well.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 9, 2013 2:55 pm  #325

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

and change parka for a coat  poor guy, he is really busy.

What poor guy? He's living an actor's dream.

You know, we're fully expecting him to come back with the familiar hair and coat, but we don't know that, do we. After all, he's been "dead" for awhile, maybe even in disguise while hiding.  I'm trying to prepare myself for the possibility of a familiar voice and face but perhaps a completely different clothing and hairstyle look. All will be revealed in time...

March 9, 2013 2:59 pm  #326

We have to remember, if we see pics of him in some role or other, his look is being manipulated by the makeup artists-- maybe he's supposed to look tired or hungover or something. Ben is young, fit and doing exactly what he loves-- not only that, he's being paid well for it, too, so I don't pity him or worry about him one bit.

March 9, 2013 3:00 pm  #327

maybe he´s really having hangover sometimes 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 9, 2013 3:01 pm  #328

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

On set? Doubtful. I think he's probably too professional for that. And even if he did show up looking worse for wear, the make up artists would fix that, too!

March 9, 2013 3:03 pm  #329

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

...or pneumonia. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 9, 2013 3:06 pm  #330

better not say that 

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (March 9, 2013 3:10 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 9, 2013 3:09 pm  #331

Naahhh he's always fine! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 9, 2013 4:47 pm  #332

I love his looks and I'm ready to embrace everything Moftiss come up with for series 3. But it is a fact that he worked although he was ill which isn't a very good thing to do. For his own sake. 

March 9, 2013 5:20 pm  #333

Ah but the show has to go on!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2013 5:22 pm  #334

Actress Carice van Houten just tweeted that filming The Fifth Estate has been finished. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 9, 2013 5:30 pm)

March 9, 2013 5:38 pm  #335

ancientsgate wrote:

What poor guy? He's living an actor's dream.

You know, we're fully expecting him to come back with the familiar hair and coat, but we don't know that, do we. After all, he's been "dead" for awhile, maybe even in disguise while hiding.  I'm trying to prepare myself for the possibility of a familiar voice and face but perhaps a completely different clothing and hairstyle look. All will be revealed in time...

Well, I don't know. I mean, we do see hime at the end of TRF and he looks much the same.  Assuming that scene is at least a couple of months after the fall... perhaps we won't see him all that different. Although, in some picture I saw of him yesterday Backstage The Fifth Estate, I'm pretty sure I could see blond hair underneath the hat.

When does filming start anyway. I've heard March 25th someplace and then March 18th is what Sherlockology says and before that, I also heard something about March 16th. I'm confused.

Last edited by Sparrow (March 9, 2013 5:42 pm)

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 9, 2013 5:42 pm  #336

Benedict did an interview for the Cambridge Science Festival. In this he mentioned an event on 16 March he'd love to attend but said that they would probably be shooting Sherlock by then. So maybe they'll start even before 18 March. 

March 9, 2013 5:42 pm  #337

18th confirmed.
So hopefully he may get his wish of attending the science festival.

Last edited by besleybean (March 9, 2013 5:44 pm)

March 9, 2013 5:53 pm  #338

Good for him. It's about forensic science. 

March 9, 2013 5:55 pm  #339

Oh cool. Why don't I get to go to awesome festivals. Living here sucks. 

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 9, 2013 6:09 pm  #340

Yes, the programme sounds awesome. But I can't just hop over either. 

Board footera