BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2013 7:30 am  #301

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

I hope you are right, Susi.
Twitter is a confusing place and I certainly couldn't find any confirmation there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 7, 2013 8:06 am  #302

According to Sherlockolgy Colm McCarthy and Jeremy Lovering have been confirmed as directors. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2013 8:11 am  #303

Two down and one to go then. I'm really pleased for Colm, he's done some great work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 7, 2013 9:33 am  #304

This is a quote from Benedict regarding an event at CSF on 16 March (The Sinister Scientist). It seems they'll have started shooting by then:

"So, yeah, no, I was thrilled that they did that, and I’d love to visit, if only for that one event. But, sadly, I think I’ll be doing the real thing, as in playing Holmes, at the moment that people are doing that so I might miss it."

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2013 11:04 am  #305

besleybean wrote:

Oh so I seem to have had it confirmed for me that Paul McGuigan is not directing any of Season 3. Bad news if it's true. Tho I obviously wish the new guys all the best.

There have been two directors named, so maybe there'll be a 3rd for the 3rd episode.

As long as BC and MF and Lestrade's and Mrs. Hudson's and Mycroft's actors are there, along with the 221B set, I almost don't care who does what.

March 8, 2013 10:08 am  #306

Martin said filming will start on 17. March (until early June). I wonder where the filming will start? London or Cardiff?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 8, 2013 10:41 am  #307

I would think that as they are putting the set up now that the filming may well be starting in Cardiff at the studios.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 8, 2013 11:30 am  #308

Yeah sounds good. 9 days to go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 8, 2013 11:55 am  #309

SusiGo wrote:

I thought only two directors had been confirmed so far but I might be wrong. Would be a pity not to have him, his work was brilliant. But I suppose they're most careful in choosing adequate directors. 

I absolutely agree with you: It DOES matter who is directing the whole thing, and PM made a brilliant job last time. Hopefully he is doing at least one of the three parts! And I have to confess that I don´t know the others - I hope they are doing a good job as well.

March 9, 2013 6:32 am  #310

Sorry to disappoint you but Paul McGuigan has confirmed on Twitter that he will NOT be directing the next series of Sherlock. He is busy directing a film (Frankenstein) instead.

Last edited by Davina (March 9, 2013 6:43 am)

March 9, 2013 7:20 am  #311

Now, that's a pity. But we still have Toby Haynes.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 9, 2013 8:23 am  #312

So sad about Paul and I bet he's disappointed, too.
But we definitely have Toby?  That is good news, he is a star.
The new guys have my full support, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2013 8:49 am  #313

At least I assume we have. Now that it's been confirmed that Colm McCarthy will direct one episode I'm very confident. Here: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/24710/colm-mccarthy-to-direct-an-episode-of-sherlock-series-3

Last edited by Mary Me (March 9, 2013 8:55 am)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 9, 2013 9:45 am  #314

it is confirmed that they will start filming on Monday 18.! hey!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 9, 2013 10:16 am  #315

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

it is confirmed that they will start filming on Monday 18.! hey!

So Benedict won't have any break whatsoever after doing The Fifth Estate. Just hop over to the hair stylist's and off he goes. 

March 9, 2013 10:28 am  #316

and change parka for a coat  poor guy, he is really busy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 9, 2013 10:37 am  #317

I read somewhere that he dyed his hair to match the Assange wig. But I've seen no pic of it. He seems to be wearing a cap these days. May the dark curls return. 

March 9, 2013 10:39 am  #318

oh no :-) let them return as soon as possible 

March 9, 2013 10:52 am  #319

Blond Sherlock as disguise... Who knows? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 9, 2013 11:03 am  #320

I like his PE hair as well, I'm not that choosy. But a blonde Sherlock, I don't know … 

Board footera