BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2013 3:18 am  #281

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

So now I have one question about the moon picture.  What the hell is a "Block 1 RECCE pack"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 5, 2013 5:45 am  #282

KeepersPrice wrote:

So now I have one question about the moon picture. What the hell is a "Block 1 RECCE pack"?

My thought exactly!

================================================================

March 5, 2013 6:48 am  #283

Somebody explained it on Twitter.  It's the pack all the cast and crew will get for the 1st round of filming, I assume.  Altho with it being the 'Recce', it's maybe  more the pre production pack of locations etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 5, 2013 8:53 am  #284

The picture is minimalistic, zen and dark. Maybe the first episode will be a bit sad because of the separation of John and Sherlock and their experiences alone.
Moonlight and dark makes me think of vampire....
In The Sussex Vampire Holmes mentiones to Watson the Case of the Giant Rat of Sumatra.
This picture developes into a roschach-test.

March 5, 2013 11:09 am  #285

Recce is a short form of reconnaissance. Does that help?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 5, 2013 11:35 am  #286

Davina wrote:

Recce is a short form of reconnaissance. Does that help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recce_(film)

March 5, 2013 11:39 am  #287

Yeah, it'll most likely be a pack of potential locations that the locations manager puts together and gives to the production team.

Block 1 is their first block of filming which has been scheduled and decided upon (not neccessarily Episode 1 seeing as they don't always film in order).

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 5, 2013 3:12 pm  #288

Another director has been confirmed for series 3:

http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2013/3/5/mccarthy-director-050313

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 5, 2013 4:42 pm  #289

ancientsgate wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'm intrigued-- this honestly is the first thing I've heard that sounds possible for me. How do I know a DVD player is region-free? Will it be labeled as such?

How soon after it airs in the UK do you guys think the DVDs will go on sale?

Yes, it must be labeled as such,

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 5, 2013 8:33 pm  #290

Mark Gatiss changed his twitter userpic 

Last edited by Ivy (March 5, 2013 8:34 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 5, 2013 8:48 pm  #291

Very exciting. So Moriarty's still alive after all? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 5, 2013 8:59 pm  #292

Only in flashback!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 5, 2013 10:07 pm  #293

Of course. There'll be only one return from the dead. 

March 5, 2013 11:02 pm  #294

He also put up a photo of the Baker Street exterior. Speedy's Cafe. How exciting!!
Things are starting to happen!!

March 6, 2013 11:37 am  #295

Michele wrote:

He also put up a photo of the Baker Street exterior. Speedy's Cafe. How exciting!!

And why is this photo not HERE, yet??   

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 6, 2013 11:56 am  #296

I just heard filming starts next week. No idea whether in London or Cardiff.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 6, 2013 1:49 pm  #297

Mattlocked wrote:

It is now. :D

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 6, 2013 10:54 pm  #298

Mattlocked wrote:

Michele wrote:

Sorry I spent ages trying to work out how to get it from my phone to here. But I was all 'Ordinary Sherlock' and didn't know what I was doing! Glad someone got it up!

March 7, 2013 6:41 am  #299

Oh so I seem to have had it confirmed for me that Paul McGuigan is not directing any of Season 3.
Bad news if it's true.
Tho I obviously wish the new guys all the best.

March 7, 2013 7:28 am  #300

I thought only two directors had been confirmed so far but I might be wrong. Would be a pity not to have him, his work was brilliant. But I suppose they're most careful in choosing adequate directors. 

Board footera