BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2013 10:02 am  #1

Plot Bunnies: Opening the Hatch!

There does not seem to be a plot bunnies thread so am starting one.

Hatch is open; waiting for the bunnies.

January 26, 2013 9:59 pm  #2

Re: Plot Bunnies: Opening the Hatch!

saturnR, I had no idea what the title is about - good that Susi explained it to me 

And she also told me to share this idea of mine that involves Sherlock and John and braces.
Now, she would never suggest something just for her own interest... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 26, 2013 10:07 pm  #3

Never. I'm a generous person and I'm sure there some members who'd like to read a fanfic involving braces worn by Sherlock (or suspenders for our American friends). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2013 10:10 pm  #4

Yes, sorry, I forgot something important: it must be Sherlock's braces 
Oh, and they should be on his body, at least for a while, and not somewhere in the morgue holding bones together or something 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 26, 2013 10:14 pm  #5

*rolling on floor* 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2013 10:16 pm  #6

... and notice: at least for a while, they don't have to stay there forever   

January 26, 2013 10:19 pm  #7

I still don't know what this is all about.... ?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 26, 2013 10:21 pm  #8

We think - we hope we are right - this is for our fanfic ideas 

January 26, 2013 10:24 pm  #9

If not it could be a bit awkward.

Urban Dictionary says: 
plot bunny 
An idea for a story (usually used to refer to fanfic) that gnaws at the brain until written.

January 26, 2013 10:39 pm  #10

Thanks, think I got it.
Reading the first suggestion - including closer informations - I would recommend an Adult Warning for this thread, too. :-P

January 26, 2013 10:42 pm  #11

Really? And I thought braces were the most harmless piece of clothing any can possibly imagine. 

January 26, 2013 10:46 pm  #12

Well, you are right - as long as they are "somewhere in the morgue holding bones together or something"  ;-)

January 26, 2013 10:47 pm  #13

Snap! Mattlocked wanted a warning, I ask:

Why, Mattlocked? Is it because after a while, the braces could be used in the morgue?

Last edited by Harriet (January 26, 2013 10:48 pm)

January 26, 2013 10:48 pm  #14

SusiGo wrote:

Really? And I thought braces were the most harmless piece of clothing any can possibly imagine. 

But sometimes things can quickly go very wrong with braces - they can backfire for example...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 26, 2013 10:52 pm  #15

tobeornot221b wrote:

But sometimes things can quickly go very wrong with braces - they can backfire for example...

Or get lost... 

January 26, 2013 10:53 pm  #16

You've got some very strange ideas, Tobe. I'm sure Harriet was thinking of something quite different when she made the suggestion. One day when I have lots of time and inspiration I'm going to tackle this. But I wouldn't mind if someone was quicker and surprised me. 

January 26, 2013 10:53 pm  #17

Harriet wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Or get lost...

In the washing machine?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 26, 2013 10:55 pm  #18

tobeornot221b wrote:

In the washing machine?

I'm not sure if it actually matters where they get lost...

January 26, 2013 10:59 pm  #19

Harriet! I'm desperately trying to lead those braces to safe territories...*sigh*

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 26, 2013 11:05 pm  #20

useless.

Board footera