BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2014 10:13 pm  #161

Re: Sherlock’s Sexuality: An In-Depth Contemplation and Study

And as we know from the roman catholic church, celibacy doesn't work for most of them 

Last edited by Harriet (April 10, 2014 10:16 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 10, 2014 10:17 pm  #162

Yes (says an ex-Catholic). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 11, 2014 2:07 am  #163

And celibacy does not necessarily mean supressing sexual feelings or seeking relief.

I once took a lengthy  "sabtical" but I did not supress my sexual nature.  

PS.  Everyone here is free to express their opinions.  It's kinda what we do.  

Last edited by tonnaree (April 11, 2014 2:08 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 15, 2014 6:08 pm  #164

Sherlock discards sexuality so it doesn't interefere with his work. It seems like he's supressing his sexuality, or at least, he's definately not expressing it. Do you think that's unreasonable? Do you think it'd be more fun if he stopped being entirely intellectual and allowed for sexual feelings?

Also, kind of going off on a not-sherlock tangent again but, I don't think you can be rational if you're acting upon sexual urges. I agree, you can be a typically rational person who has a moment of irrational/sexual behavior, but you're not being rational at that moment. 

Last edited by Lue4028 (April 15, 2014 6:35 pm)

April 15, 2014 6:11 pm  #165

Yes. :-)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 15, 2014 6:36 pm  #166

What? For reals? You want to see Sherlock in a sexual relationship? O.o

April 15, 2014 6:39 pm  #167

Me, too. Not necessarily see, though. Just know ... 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 15, 2014 6:41 pm  #168

Does janine count? Did you guys like the Janine relationship? O.o I don't get it. What would be fun about knowing that.. "oh yay sherlock has fallen from his mind palace of pure reason and abstract thought to the practical plain where all us mundane materialistic creatures dwell and multiply. rejoice"?

Last edited by Lue4028 (April 15, 2014 6:53 pm)

April 15, 2014 6:48 pm  #169

The whole joke about Janine is that they weren't in a relationship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2014 6:55 pm  #170

Agree, besley 

April 15, 2014 6:56 pm  #171

they took showers together so they did engage in some level of sexual contact... which is what you guys would want right? 

April 15, 2014 6:57 pm  #172

No.

April 15, 2014 7:10 pm  #173

They did not take showers together at all.
Janine ONCE walked in on Sherlock when he was having a bath.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2014 7:11 pm  #174

so then you want sherlock to be in a love-based sexual relationship. He already has a love-based relationship with John tho, I've always felt like that was enough. Why he needs a romantic and sexual relationship, I don't really get. Unless sex would make the romance of this desired relationship more magical or something..

Last edited by Lue4028 (April 15, 2014 7:15 pm)

April 15, 2014 7:15 pm  #175

I do not demand this from the writers. I just would be happy to see Sherlock in a love -based sexual relationship with John only. This is all. It does not have to be explicitly shown on screen. But Sherlock has to change and develop. Why not in this regard?

And I think we have definitely moved away from cold pure reason and nothing else in series 3. And I do not need it back.

Last edited by SusiGo (April 15, 2014 7:20 pm)

April 15, 2014 7:20 pm  #176

But surely we can develop as people with out having to develop sexually?
Some people just aren't made that way or are not interested.
Incidentally, people can relieve urges with out it ever having to involve another human being.
These same people can still have loving family, friends and colleagues etc.
Do you think Sherlock is unhappy?

Last edited by besleybean (April 15, 2014 7:21 pm)

April 15, 2014 7:22 pm  #177

He does not strike me as a very happy person. Why else the drugs?

April 15, 2014 7:30 pm  #178

Would sex make Sherlock happy? Or would just plain old love do it? I think John makes Sherlock happy.. T_T

April 15, 2014 7:31 pm  #179

Of course he does 

April 15, 2014 7:33 pm  #180

I agree about John.
Sherlock does drugs either when he's bored or on a case.

Board footera